• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bugs Automatically being let go with full inventory?

Star26zx96g

Bells
So I remember how you used to be able to choose to swap out bugs in the inventory like fish but now it seems I can't any time weather my inventory is full of bugs or fish I can't choose to swap them out they just are automatically released.

I don't have this trouble with fish and can easily swap when full. So confused by this and an explaination would be appreciated as I used to be able to swap bugs out for inventory items or other bugs! I get why it wouldn't work with an inventory full of fish but it gives me no option to drop a tool to put it in and even won't let me swap out other bugs as said.

Help please?

Thanks

This happens when there's no open space around you. If, for example, you catch a butterfly in a field of flowers with no open spaces, you'll let it go instead of swapping it out because you technically need a space to drop the bug you want to swap it for like you would an item, even though it despawns right after. The same thing happens with fish, and this was the case before the update.

Ahh okay that makes sense cause I just restarted my town and to get villagers in neat rows I have tiled everywhere completely except for housespaces. I tried doing just two with one tile in spots but villagers would still place over them so had to fully tile everywhere I don't want them so makes sense! Thanks

I caught a scorpion amongst the flowers. Yay! Maybe?!

I really thought that before the update it let the bugs go no matter what.

Oh well - it's in my encyclopedia but Blathers will have to wait :blush:

I don't know if it is space related but it might be. Bugs don't take up space, they go through objects and stuff so they don't really seem to care.

This used to happen in City Folk quite regularly.

Back