• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you pay any attention to the HHA?

I'm actually a bit surprised that literally no one has ever tried beating them at their own game. It was hard for me because I have a lot of Welcome Amiibo items in my house and they don't have a theme, but it's super easy to earn points if you look at the scoring. I was just interested to see how many points I could get while still maintaining the integrity of my house.

I pay absolutely no mind to the HHA, i never cared for it in the first place because I thought the same thing. I like decorating my house the way I want, eve if it is a huge mess, so even when I get low scores I don't really mind too much to be honest. I don't like the fact that it functions the way it does because like you, I think it hinder creativity because to get the absolutely best score you have to have all furniture of the same theme in every room and any random item has to be of the same theme. I personally prefer decorating however I want it , whether it's a normal house layout or a restaurant theme.

At least decorating the HHA is optional though! It's really not of importance so unless someone really want to go for max points, doing it your own way doesn't hinder the game at all, so at least they gave us a choice!

I don't paid no attention to it and I'm glad they stop sending you letters to your house every week. (in the Gamecube version I think it was everyday and in City Folk you could go to Lyle in the city and tell him to stop sending the letters.)

I kinda want the golden house in my town Flora, so I'm going to have to paid attention to them. Also is there a guide for it?

Kinda unrelated: That feature in Wild World got on my nerves, well for the normal villager..I can't get a single task from her because she's upset about what they said about her house...ugh you think how annoying the villagers throw random junk in their houses. Just imagine walking in your villager's home and they threw all their furniture out and replace them with clothes because of their hobby... that's exactly what they did on Wild World.

Last edited:
I do not. I got all the items from them so I really don't care.

When I first started playing I did the HHA for the prizes and than picked a theme to get the high score.
While I was adding things to the house I noticed that there was very little rustic items for the kitchen/bathroom. Why should a bed go into a kitchen? It doesn't belong there.

Once I was done the theme challenge and got all the prizes and gold items I asked to stop the theme challenge. Stopped Rustic theme and just went with indoors only. I have scores that are 180,000 to 220,000 with kitchens, bathrooms and not complete sets. Felt so much better when I got rid of the full set in my main room. It's now a sitting room with a table set for dinner.

I hope they remove HHA challenge or fix it in the next game. Also hope they remove the lucky item of the day too. Wearing a King's Beard because it's the only item for Ornate is horrible.

I honestly paid more attention to it when it was still called Happy Room Academy back in City Folk.
But in New Leaf? I really don't care at all.

Last edited:
I've always hated the HHA lol, honestly the scoring system is ridiculous and all it does is make people use full sets and do things they don't really want to do or use when decorating their house. I remember playing Wild World where you'd get letters from the HHA all. the. time. and they would just complain about how much your house sucked. It was just terrible and it made me hate the HHA, there is no good reason why small children should be harassed by a video game lol (lookin at you, resetti). The only reason why I ever checked with the HHA was so I could get my gold house model, and once I got that I switched my rooms back to how I wanted them.

I seriously never even made an effort to please the HHA. They cramp my style, and I'm completely satisfied with the way I decorate. xD

I only paid attention to the HHA when I wanted to get all the items that came with getting more points.
Other than that, since I have all the items now, I just go all out with decorating my house. ^^

Back