Do you pay any attention to the HHA?

The_Storyteller

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Hi all,

So I'm not exactly a fan of the HHA. In fact, I think it's one of the worst in game functions of all time. In my opinion it's a huge barrier to player creativity when it comes to decorating a house since the HHA idea of good decorating is putting an entire furniture set in each room. I totally understand this, because I used to do it! There are so many good furniture series and I love seeing them all together in a room with their wallpaper and carpet, and maybe a few random cute items to fill in space or finish it off.

However, I started visiting other towns and seeing how they created themed houses, which I just loved so much more! So I sacrificed my perfect HHA score for a bathroom and a library and a hobby room, and I think my house looked great... but I scored a lowly 62,000 points with the HHA, and my house is fully upgraded (the target score for a house my size is 100,000-150,000 points)!

I didn't really care much for the HHA, but I started looking at the rules and requirements online to see if I could boost my score. I care a lot about my houses and it would be really great to see that reflected in my HHA score. So I started paying attention to theme and colour, and lo, after only a week of moving things around, my score is 77,000 points! Much lower than I think I deserve but certainly not bad, all things considered.

What about you? Do you care about the HHA? What did you do in your house to try and increase your score?

HHA is the worst. Their scoring system makes no sense and really inhibits creativity like you said. I've only attempted it in my first ever town but quit and decided interior decorating wasn't for me lol.

Personally, I've always just ignored it. It really is restricting. I will collect full series but it feels so much better to mix and match all the different furniture. I do like the idea of ranking your house just not the way they handle it.

Just needed to get the points to get the rewards and then start setting it up how you want. I remember when I was small I wanted to try and have one piece of furniture from every set and series I could find in my house and it looked ridiculous now that I think about it. Asteroid there. Cement Mixer there. Didn't get a very high score for that, maybe would have been better with some Feng Shui.

I did it with my mains, just to get the points and rewards. As soon as I was done, I stripped everything and started decorating the way I wanted it. I don't plan to bother with my secondaries.

I like doing mix and match, finding things from different series that coordinate with one another, so it gives a more realistic look. Besides, Lyle is creepy.

I used to, but don't anymore :p as other people have said, it's pretty restricting - I prefer to design my characters' houses in accordance to my own preferences!

For a while, I did. I got my 1.1m points through the harmonious challenge, and just made my house gold themed on the outside. My interior is still the same, though, as I don't know what to do with it.

Besides, Lyle is creepy.

What? I always loved shady Lyle when he was an insurance salesman. Made getting stung by bees well worth it. Now he's gone straight, but he's still very chatty. I think he'd make a good politician. Mayor Lyle.

I love narrating lyle's dialogues.
But damn hha makes me feel unforgivable for moving a flower pot one inch closer to the desk.

i'm literally at, like, a 12000 score for my mayor's house hahaah
but i don't care because i decorated the way i wanted (the main room is an art studio and i love it!), so the score doesn't really matter to me. :blush:

I just ignore it—I prefer the modern wall go with the sleek furniture for example. And I don't know if anyone's noticed but some stereos sound much better than others, like the hifi stereo, so I'd much prefer to put that over the sleek stereo.

I also like having bathrooms, kitchens and other real-life rooms! :D

Went all the way to gold in Novaria, but I'm not paying much attention to it in Elenrast, my second town. It's a "been there, done that" thing for me. Agreeing with most of the previous posters...I mix and match the pieces I like and am very happy with my house. Occasionally I'll ask Lyle my score. I just get curious, but really don't care. It's never been above 100,000, LOL. Funny, though, I still think about feng shui when I place objects and furniture. I do like the harmony of it.

I hate it but for some reason I still care about it. I love houses that don't use full furniture sets, and I'm slowly getting out of that myself. I do like the HHA rewards, gives me more to put in my trophy room ;)

I ignore it completely. I decorate however I want, and enjoy seeing others' homes when they've done the same thing.
I visit a lot of dream towns, and it's always a bit disappointing when there are entire houses that are just complete furniture sets. (I still appreciate the dedication it took to actually collect all the pieces, though--and to each their own; as long as they enjoy their own town, that's great.)
Sometimes I think it would be neat to earn the golden house parts, but then I think...nope. I wouldn't enjoy my house at all during the process.

Also, I don't care for Lyle, and never have. I'm not crazy about Lottie, either.

i did when i first played the game in my first town. now i don't care at all, tbh i think the letters with presents from them are annoying because they take up mailbox space and it can be annoying if i've ordered stuff hhh

Yeah, the the others said, I don't let it bother me anymore. Besides, with my house pretty much fully expanded, I don't stop into Nook's on my mayor either way. The scoring is so restrictive!

Back