Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
I have a problem where I need everything to be in perfect mint condition at all times, otherwise I obsess over the imperfections to the point I make myself upset. I just love it when things are in perfect condition, so when they aren't it just bothers me. I try so hard to just get over it and move on, but it's hard. Is anyone else like this and how do you cope?

Yup. I am the same way but I have been clinically diagnosed with OCD. it's hard. I use talk therapy and extremely slow exposure therapy as well as self talk to improve the symptoms.

Ehhhh for me it depends on what it is. Like if I get a scratch on a new gaming system or something I'll be upset about it and I just get over it by accepting that it's just going to be like that from now on and that it's perfectly fine the way it is; since things just kinda wear over time so I guess I just expect it? Idk haha :)

Ehhhh for me it depends on what it is. Like if I get a scratch on a new gaming system or something I'll be upset about it and I just get over it by accepting that it's just going to be like that from now on and that it's perfectly fine the way it is; since things just kinda wear over time so I guess I just expect it? Idk haha :)

Yeah, this is currently what's bothering me... I just got a new 3Ds XL a couple of days ago and the bottom shell somehow got scratched. It's pretty noticeable, at least to me and it's driving me crazy. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, and I can't even bring myself to play it. Really stupid, I know. I'm trying not to focus on it but like I said I obsess over these things. It sucks :(

Oh, definitely! I don't have much money, so if anything breaks it's just gone for me. Like my laptop broke down a year ago and I just got a new one for my birthday from my aunt. As a kid I also didn't have a DS for 4 years after my broke, so that sucked. D:

Holy carp, me too! I really hate when my stuffed animals get old-looking and messed up. I especially hate it when new-looking and old-looking ones are mixed up. It drives me nuts for some reason?

I hate it when my stuff gets scratched up, so I try my best to make sure it doesn't happen. But if it does, oh well. There's not much I can do to fix it.

My sister has OCD. For her I know it's hard especially when she's trying to do anything artsy, cause if it doesn't turn out she feels like she has to cover it or fix it somehow. I am so glad I am not one of those people, I'm on the total opposite side, my life is chaos and mess and I am ok with that.

I have this problem too!! It got so bad, I would keep items in their packaging and hide them in my closet so they wouldn't get damaged.

Recently, I realized that there was no point in that cause I wouldn't ever even use or see the item so it was a waste to own it. I also realized that no item lasts forever and will break down whether I use it or not so why not use it now that I have it? That doesn't mean to not care about your item, it just means to enjoy using it, even if it gets damaged.

I am 100% like this and it actually ruins my entire day when I notice my stuff damaged/etc. I also feel OCD about how my clothes fit me, like I'm hypersensitive to something being too tight/not fitting correctly and it literally puts me in a terrible mood and gives me a ton of anxiety about my weight/body unless I like change clothes or something. It's pretty bad

I move things around in my and my boyfriend's room constantly. I never seem content with how anything is :/

Because of this I tend to get in the way of the TV when he's playing his games xD

Everyone does stuff like that to some degree, it's usually not OCD. OCD is often a very dark and debilitating mental illness that can have a major negative impact on your quality of life where it affects you socially, financially, mentally/emotionally or your job or education. If you are having obsessions and/or compulsions that affect you that badly you should go see a doctor. I'm diagnosed with OCD and on medication for it that helps manage it greatly - along with therapy. You can like things to be clean or be a perfectionist without being mentally ill. I just want to say be careful about describing certain quirks as OCD, because it's a common misconception that minimizes the seriousness of it. If something is seriously distressing you, go see a psychologist and psychiatrist and get diagnosed and treated. :)

I looooveee having everything in my room organized, and if something's out of place I can get triggered. But I also procrastinate so it's so complicated xD I love cleaning tho tbh. :3

Ha, "mint" condition.

I'm like this sometimes, other times I don't care in the slightest. But when I do care I beat myself up over it.

Back