• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is anyone else like this?

Twisterheart

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
I have a problem where I need everything to be in perfect mint condition at all times, otherwise I obsess over the imperfections to the point I make myself upset. I just love it when things are in perfect condition, so when they aren't it just bothers me. I try so hard to just get over it and move on, but it's hard. Is anyone else like this and how do you cope?

Yup. I am the same way but I have been clinically diagnosed with OCD. it's hard. I use talk therapy and extremely slow exposure therapy as well as self talk to improve the symptoms.

Ehhhh for me it depends on what it is. Like if I get a scratch on a new gaming system or something I'll be upset about it and I just get over it by accepting that it's just going to be like that from now on and that it's perfectly fine the way it is; since things just kinda wear over time so I guess I just expect it? Idk haha :)

Ehhhh for me it depends on what it is. Like if I get a scratch on a new gaming system or something I'll be upset about it and I just get over it by accepting that it's just going to be like that from now on and that it's perfectly fine the way it is; since things just kinda wear over time so I guess I just expect it? Idk haha :)

Yeah, this is currently what's bothering me... I just got a new 3Ds XL a couple of days ago and the bottom shell somehow got scratched. It's pretty noticeable, at least to me and it's driving me crazy. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, and I can't even bring myself to play it. Really stupid, I know. I'm trying not to focus on it but like I said I obsess over these things. It sucks :(

Oh, definitely! I don't have much money, so if anything breaks it's just gone for me. Like my laptop broke down a year ago and I just got a new one for my birthday from my aunt. As a kid I also didn't have a DS for 4 years after my broke, so that sucked. D:

Holy carp, me too! I really hate when my stuffed animals get old-looking and messed up. I especially hate it when new-looking and old-looking ones are mixed up. It drives me nuts for some reason?

I hate it when my stuff gets scratched up, so I try my best to make sure it doesn't happen. But if it does, oh well. There's not much I can do to fix it.

My sister has OCD. For her I know it's hard especially when she's trying to do anything artsy, cause if it doesn't turn out she feels like she has to cover it or fix it somehow. I am so glad I am not one of those people, I'm on the total opposite side, my life is chaos and mess and I am ok with that.

I have this problem too!! It got so bad, I would keep items in their packaging and hide them in my closet so they wouldn't get damaged.

Recently, I realized that there was no point in that cause I wouldn't ever even use or see the item so it was a waste to own it. I also realized that no item lasts forever and will break down whether I use it or not so why not use it now that I have it? That doesn't mean to not care about your item, it just means to enjoy using it, even if it gets damaged.

I am 100% like this and it actually ruins my entire day when I notice my stuff damaged/etc. I also feel OCD about how my clothes fit me, like I'm hypersensitive to something being too tight/not fitting correctly and it literally puts me in a terrible mood and gives me a ton of anxiety about my weight/body unless I like change clothes or something. It's pretty bad

I move things around in my and my boyfriend's room constantly. I never seem content with how anything is :/

Because of this I tend to get in the way of the TV when he's playing his games xD

Everyone does stuff like that to some degree, it's usually not OCD. OCD is often a very dark and debilitating mental illness that can have a major negative impact on your quality of life where it affects you socially, financially, mentally/emotionally or your job or education. If you are having obsessions and/or compulsions that affect you that badly you should go see a doctor. I'm diagnosed with OCD and on medication for it that helps manage it greatly - along with therapy. You can like things to be clean or be a perfectionist without being mentally ill. I just want to say be careful about describing certain quirks as OCD, because it's a common misconception that minimizes the seriousness of it. If something is seriously distressing you, go see a psychologist and psychiatrist and get diagnosed and treated. :)

I looooveee having everything in my room organized, and if something's out of place I can get triggered. But I also procrastinate so it's so complicated xD I love cleaning tho tbh. :3

Ha, "mint" condition.

I'm like this sometimes, other times I don't care in the slightest. But when I do care I beat myself up over it.

Back