Why am I so sensitive?

pastellrain

creator of whimsica
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Orange (Fruit)
I'm back at it with the depressing topics again lol.

But really... I really hate this about myself? Everything hurts my feelings lol... Even things that aren't directed at me still hurt secondhand...

Why can't I just not care? Why do I have to care so much? All my problems could just be fixed if only I didn't care.

I really want to toughen up and get over all of it, but it's been really hard... Gosh I hate myself lmao...

It's gotten to the point where I'm terrified of getting thigs like hate mail or people trolling me... it really hurts, even though it shouldn't...

Last edited:
Don't hate yourself. It's just who you are. I'm very sensitive too and wish for the same things at times, but I'm trying very hard to accept it and even see it as a positive thing. I'd rather be too sensitive than not have feelings for/care about anything. Hang in there.

Maybe being tough and not caring about what other people think of you comes with experience?

I've learned that 90% of the time, strangers don't really notice or care about what I do. They would forget any actions or silly quirks of mine after a couple hours or so. They seem to pay no mind, so why should I?

Last edited:
sometimes people are too insensitive - not caring about the consequences of their actions or words, because they see their lives as their own (which is true) but shouldn't validate the misconceiving will of insensitivity especially when your emotions are tied with someone elses. sometimes you got to just say f*** it, is it really worth stressing about anymore? it isn't easy as it sounds but one day you'll push your emotions aside and stand up to whatever it is that's bothering you. you shouldn't hate yourself, you're not the problem.

- - - Post Merge - - -

if you have a problem with people bothering you on the internet. do not bother to give them the satisfaction of responding. don't even look at it. that's what those type of subhumans thrive off.

i feel like im witnessing an existential crisis

dont hate yourself for being sensitive; it's not necessarily a bad thing. you can use that to be more empathetic and help other people with causes you really care about. its something about yourself you can embrace. no need to hate yourself for it. don't stress too much about it.

I used to be very much the same, and unfortunately it's just something you have to work out for yourself. If you don't have a strong sense of self worth, I'd suggest working on that by working towards things you'd like to achieve. When you have self worth and confidence, little things like that are much easier to brush off. On the other hand when you don't have a sense of self worth and you lack confidence, everything gets to you on a personal level, even if it wasn't directed at you.

Build your self confidence. Light exercise, do smth creative, get a job, or get a dog everyone will be nice to you if you have a dog

Anyway it's easy I bleve in you

Last edited:
Same lol. My self confidence is low I always feel like I can't do stuff and I think it is screwing me over tbh.

Yea same I'm so sensitive and people have told me I am but it's who I am and it's who you are too. Honestly everyone has emotions and everyone lets it get to the better of them it only makes us human and if people get upset at you for it wouldn't that mean their sensitive as well?

Even if I try not to cry or tell myself it's not sad/bad, still down comes the tears.....
I know how you feel :( I haven't been able to get over it, I've always been like this.

I relate to this so much, you don't even understand - I get told I'm too sensitive because even minor inconveniences really affect the rest of my day? Unfortunately, it's mostly faking it till you make it knowing that one day someday it wont annoy people anymore, you'll move on into a world that can accept + love it

I understand completely, I'm extremely sensitive and especially on TBT too. Lot's of people judge me because I like Paw Patrol because of my age, or try to make rumors about me and it really hurts. You're not alone in feeling this way!

DUDE

I never watched Paw Patrol but

I AM OBSESSED WITH STUFFED ANIMALS

No seriously I buy them and play with them as if I were 6 years old and it magically takes me to another world where none of my problems exist

I have like 200 or more seriously and they all have NAMES, EVERY SINGLE ONE

I also really love cute cartoons so hmu maybe

I understand completely, I'm extremely sensitive and especially on TBT too. Lot's of people judge me because I like Paw Patrol because of my age, or try to make rumors about me and it really hurts. You're not alone in feeling this way!
Don't worry c: we all have different interests
I'll tell you this: I still have a my little pony game on my iPad since 2014..... and yes, I still play it :p

DUDE

I never watched Paw Patrol but

I AM OBSESSED WITH STUFFED ANIMALS

No seriously I buy them and play with them as if I were 6 years old and it magically takes me to another world where none of my problems exist

I have like 200 or more seriously and they all have NAMES, EVERY SINGLE ONE

I also really love cute cartoons so hmu maybe

adsad literally same, I've never been able to play with them but I have a lot of stuffed animals and they're all very important and my fave things in the world

If you like cartoons and you don't mind like kids shows you should check out Puffin Rock !

Honestly, my advice is to experience as much as you can and to work on loving yourself.
I know that it's easier said than done, but I think both of those things would help you a lot.
Experiencing new things helps broaden your perspective of the world and yourself.
And accepting yourself is also incredibly important. If you put a lot of hate on one aspect of yourself, it doesn't help you. It hinders you. Hating yourself for being too sensitive or being insecure about it has a funny way of making the problem more noticeable to you and to others, but it doesn't do anything to fix it. You may be sensitive your entire life and that's okay. Certain things may make you feel hurt when you know it's not a big deal, and you can't decide what your feeling. However, you can decide how to handle things from there and what actions to take. It's not out of your control. I wish you the best of luck and I hope that things will become better in the future for you. :)

I'm the same to be honest, so I'm not much help.
It doesn't help that only a few people are fine with it and want to help. Most people either make fun of me or get really mad. I understand though...

Back