• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

what genre of games do you like?

what genre you like best?

• Total voters
Sim games can be fun but yeah a lot run on real time and that is not fun lol :/ I mean I don't want to play it 24*7 just to do chores and stuff just to keep whatever dreamies or what it is lol :p

I do like Terraria and Stardew Valley though if you can call that sim games, I guess they are

What's the difference between movie interaction and visual novels?

hmm good question. visual novels are like when you're reading a ebook but with backgrounds and voices. the characters do not move in visual novels and though they have choices, there arent many choices compared to movie interactions. in movie interactions, its like you're watching a movie but ur able to play as the main character at the same time and there are more choices and the choices you make define the ending of the game where else the choices in visual novels dont really contribute to the ending.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i just realized i didnt list down all the genres o.o

Last edited:
Probably RPG :) Just cause there's so much adventure, so much to do and so much to see. Also, you get to know your team-mates, something which you don't really get to do in most game genres such as FPS. Also, you could play them for hourssssss. Like serioulsy the time you could spend on Dragon Wuest and Pokemon :p lol

Simulation (such as The Sims and Animal Crossing) and RPG/Action games.

RPG's definitely (especially JRPG's)
i enjoy the very story heavy ones
rpgs are so rewarding to finish

i'm big on RPGs, especially cRPGs such as Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment and games of that ilk.

I like them all except puzzle games! I'm kind of iffy on horror games; I really like the Silent Hill series but I think I'm too wimpy to try any others. It depends on what is considered horror - would you call The Last of Us horror/survival horror? (It's my favorite game) It doesn't feel like that to me, but action games aren't on the list. Idk.

RPG for sure. All my favorite games are RPG's, and especially if they're well done it's so easy to get dragged into the story. They just have a special adventure feel that you can't get with other genres

simulation games are almost always calming to me for some reason. puzzle games and rpgs are also nice. to be honest, i can like a game of any genre if it appeals to me and it's fun.

what would Breath of the Wild be considered?

to me its really an FPS...

I would consider Breath of the Wild to be an Action-Adventure, just like the other titles in the Legend of Zelda franchise.

I like the following genres:
Jump & Run, RPG, Fighting, Visual Novel, Action Adventure, Puzzle and Simulation.

Simulation for sure (ACNL, the Sims, Civ, Stardew Valley, etc. etc.) but RPGs are a very close second

Shoot I wanted to press Simulation but my mouse glitched out and pressed 'puzzle'. Welp. ACNL is considered Simulation.... right? Yeah I think so. Then Simulation.

Platformer, Action-Adventure, RPG (more so Action than Turn-Based) and Survival Horror are the video game genres that I like best.

Ahh I wish I could've chosen more than one—I went with RPGs (of which turn-based JRPGs are my favorite) since they probably make up the bulk of my gaming, but I also really love farming/life sim games and otome visual novels! I'll still dabble in other genres sometimes too though, like dungeon crawlers, sandbox games, etc.

RPG for sure. Definitely comprises most of my gaming lineup.

Multiple, but if I had to choose one, probably simulation. It's another little world to escape to and run stuff on your own.
Honorable mentions are open world, platformers, metrovanias, and puzzlers. Some what RPGs, - I'm kinda picky now days with those.

Back