• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I love when it rains in game...

I use the early bird ordinance as I like to play when I wake up in the morning. (I tend to wake up between 6-7 am)

I use the early bird ordinance as I like to play when I wake up in the morning. (I tend to wake up between 6-7 am)

You must be consistent for all that watering then. All my hybrids would die if I had to actually look after them like I did on Wild World.

Well I'm a newish player so my town is pretty fresh. Not a lot of flowers so I don't really mind :]

I will probably change it once it gets more involved lol

ahh me too! i think it's always really pretty when it rains in game (and in real life too haha- the smell is so nice), whether it's a thunderstorm or a light drizzle. i also like how the music changes to sound a little more like bells- its so precious :) and you're right- the villager umbrellas make it even better :,)

The lightning, thunder and music make it all so worth it!

(I can't believe this thread is getting so much attention. Thanks peeps!)

I love the rain in the game! I have the Beautiful Town ordinance but I like the rain bc it's peaceful and the cloud look pretty cool when it's storming ;) Also the sound of the water squishing under your feet while you run makes me laugh lol

I remember keeping my town on Night Owl even though I have flowers everywhere—bad idea as I forgot to water them once and lots died!

I don't like rain in this game, the clouds are gloomy and I feel the music is too empty compared to City Folk.
Just my opinion though; I don't like rain in general lol

Last edited:
Yeah. I don't want my town's flowers to die lol. Once they get out of hand I'll change my ordinance for sure!

I agree with those who said they prefer the music though, it makes it feel like it is raining. Not just cosmetically, it's very immersive.

Absolutely! I love how the music changes, especially when it heavy rains, it's so calming and peaceful... but YES! The villager umbrellas! I love watching the cute little things skip around with their umbrellas. q//w//q I have my own umbrella too so I walk around town with them sometimes!

I love when it rains in game! It was thunderstorming in my town yesterday. I also love the rain irl too.

Back