• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How common are three-tier towns?

Catsinabucket

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
As the title says! I've had a three tier town for 8-9 years now, and only just realised that my more recent town on my other memory card has only two tiers. Is one harder to get than the other? Both towns also have a mini island in the middle of the river with rocks on them :)

I've heard that they are pretty rare! I've played ACGC since it came out, and have had countless towns and only remember have a 3 tier town maybe twice.

Last edited:
I've had ACGC for about 2 years and only just recently generated a three-tier town actually. Never knew they existed before now.

Last edited:
I've heard of that! They're rare. I wish my town had a mini island. It's hard to come across, though

Gotta say, nicely done having an island and a three-tier town together.
Personally I've come across them quite frequently, but they are indeed a lot rarer than a normal two-tier one.
I always found them a bit of a pain to navigate, but they certainly look coo.

I really wish my town had three layers and had an island. I might use my other memory card to try and generate a town with an island or three layers soon.

I have a three tier town! I didn't realize that it was rare. I bought my game used, and I kept the old save file. Maybe the person who played it before me restarted a few times for it :confused:

I have a three tiered town! I couldn't imagine my town without it.

Not too common I believe. I reset many times before I found one - it was well worth it :D

I have two GC towns. One is two Tier, the other is three.

I've been playing more ACGC lately and I must say I like my two level map much more, but I'll never reset my three level map. I wanted a three level when ACGC came out sand up until recently no matter how many times I reset I never had the mysterious rare three levels until now. I'll never reset!
-----------

To have an island river split on the main map is rare...and have it with a three Tier?

Wow - I'd love to see that map!!

I didn't even know there was a such thing, lol. You guys make me want to go connect the Gamecube now.

I never knew these possibilities existed! I'm pretty sure I never got either in any of my towns.

They're quite rare but not that hard to get if you reset for them. I would like one but I'm afraid the 3rd bridge won't spawn on the layer that actually needs it and I'll have to reset again.

Aaah I have a three tier town that I reset for, definitely something I miss in the new games. Makes your town feel a lot bigger.

With the switch being a console, maybe 3 tier, more or less, would become a reality if they make an AC game for the switch.

With the switch being a console, maybe 3 tier, more or less, would become a reality if they make an AC game for the switch.

Maybe Rover could ask you why you came to this town and you could answer something like:
"The beautiful mountains" = 3 layers
"The endless hills" = 2 layers
"The vast prairies" = 1 layer
"Nothing in particular" = Random

The bridge problem I mentioned earlier would also be solved since you can just place your own now.

Last edited:
Maybe Rover could ask you why you came to this town and you could answer something like:
"The beautiful mountains" = 3 layers
"The endless hills" = 2 layers
"The vast prairies" = 1 layer
"Nothing in particular" = Random

The bridge problem I mentioned earlier would also be solved since you can just place your own now.

Okay I LOVE this suggestion! I've actually been missing the slopes and cliff walls from my Gamecube towns. ACNL towns are just so flat. :/ I'd love if tiers returned in some capacity for the AC Switch game!

Okay I LOVE this suggestion! I've actually been missing the slopes and cliff walls from my Gamecube towns. ACNL towns are just so flat. :/ I'd love if tiers returned in some capacity for the AC Switch game!

I know, they added so much variety to different towns. The different ramps and waterfalls you could get were always interesting to see.

Back