Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
So I wasn't sure where I should put this, so I figured the Museum would be the best place, but I was wondering in anybody here does like the amiibo mods or anything like that?

I've been thinking about painting some amiibo cards since I have SO MANY extras. I know there are people who paint Pokemon cards like so...
lxn84SF.jpg

ogwB7pk.jpg

lxn84SF.jpg
But I am so hesitant because I feel like if I don't do a good enough job I'll have screwed up the card... But I think it would be cute it add in background of either like town environment like trees and flowers and the "shape" grass in the background. Or even a house interior with cute little furniture behind them leaving the villagers themselves unpainted.

Just wondering if anybody else does any kind of mods, or paints pokemon cards or other things similar that has any advice, and what you think of my idea?

I like the idea!
I'm sure if you do a good enough job people will love it.
Do you mean, that you would want to sell them or just to show off? o:

I like the idea!
I'm sure if you do a good enough job people will love it.
Do you mean, that you would want to sell them or just to show off? o:

I don't know, I mean if I did get them looking really nice I'd probably potentially sell them as collector's/art cards.

I don't know, I mean if I did get them looking really nice I'd probably potentially sell them as collector's/art cards.

Selling them as collecter's art cards would be a fantastic idea, lots of people would be interested. Well, I only painted villagers, not the cards or figures. I really think that you should paint the figures, because it's like a 3D art, that would be worth a lot.
Just wondering, but do the amiibo figures or cards still work when you paint them?
I was just wondering about that, I was about to draw a moustache on one of the amiibo cards I had, lol.

Last edited:
Selling them as collecter's art cards would be a fantastic idea, lots of people would be interested. Well, I only painted villagers, not the cards or figures. I really think that you should paint the figures, because it's like a 3D art, that would be worth a lot.
Just wondering, but do the amiibo figures or cards still work when you paint them?
I was just wondering about that, I was about to draw a moustache on one of the amiibo cards I had, lol.

Yes they still work, the back is where the chip is on the card and with the amiibos it's in the base, so you could even completely cover the card's front and it will still work unless you put metal I think between it and the reader, as I think that's what they use in the boxes so you have to take out your amiibo to use it. People have removed the figures completely from the base of their amiibos and it still works as the chip is in the base.

Back