What's your opinion on hacked dream towns?

I think it's pretty neat! Yeah it can be annoying when there's houses in the ocean or what not but some people can create genius towns with their hacking tools!

personally, i don't care what people do to their towns since it's their business. Hacked dream towns can be pretty, if it's not overwhelmingly noticeable. moving bushes nearer to a villager's home or anything with boundaries are pretty cool, but if the person hacks the game where basically everything is on top of each other (houses, pwps, etc.), my game lags. and i HATE lag.

They seem pretty great.

However, I'm not a fan of towns that flood the town with Trees alot. Those tend to annoy me alot.
Also, let me not forget the hacked towns where escaping the dream is impossible without turning the Game off. Thankfully Luna saves the game for you before visiting, but still. :/

It's OK with me if others hack their towns. In fact, I think some hacked towns are really neat in showing what could be possible. I think for me personally, it would be fun for a couple of days, but then I would get completely bored and stop playing all together. Because what would be the challenge? It would kill my enjoyment of the game. Therefore, I will not ever hack.

I don't like them, because I don't know what I can and can't do with my town. I also prefer people who have worked with what they had and made a wonderful job instead of changing everything.

i don't hack my game, but i do look at hacked dream towns- even though they're hacked and have some impossibilities (town tree moved, plants in water, things planted too close together, etc.), they're really pretty usually and i get inspiration for things i CAN do to my town without hacks!

I'm landscape-hacking my new town, and don't consider it a form of cheating because I'd make the changes in the game itself if I could. Since town development is my favorite part of AC, I just started feeling so unfulfilled by the all the restrictions. I don't do anything crazy though - just house and nature placement really. I totally respect people shunning it, but it's just made me fall in love with the game all over again <3

I have the same opinion as you. I don't really care what anyone does with their town, and I don't think there's anything wrong with hacked towns. However, I do not hack my town, so like you I enjoy seeing and getting inspiration from towns that have the same limitations that I do. Sometimes the hacking is very minimal and subtle and in those cases it's all good, but if I'm just looking for inspiration I prefer non-hacked Dreams to visit.

I think some hacked towns can be okay if it's just landscaping, putting bushes on the edge of cliffs or placing things in dead spots etc., but when a town is really obviously hacked I just think it looks a bit ridiculous and I don't like it very much. I agree some of the landscaping limitations really suck, but I've really enjoyed working within these boundaries because it's forced me to be creative with how I landscape, rather than just using hacks to force my town to look exactly how I want. I just feel like it kind of takes away some of the fun and a lot of the creativity.

They're ok with me, as long as you didn't hack to steal another town. :mad:

Last edited:
I've never been jealous of hacked towns, nor do they make me feel bad about my (non-hacked) town. In a way, it's kind of nice - being able to see such beautifully crafted towns without needing to "have it all," to create it all in your own town.

This is a big topic for me. I start playing a month ago I think, and at the beginning I couldn't stop resetting cause' wanting the perfect town (this is my first AC game ever). I lookep up amazing towns at tumblr and I felt miserable! I know, I know, is not a big deal, but for a perfeccionism like me it was... So... yeah the hackings town give me a big jelous, but I try to remind me a few things:
1. There are not "original" (sorry, I don't speak english, with this I mean that they're hack and not reachable playing the normal game).
2. They're so fun to visit.
3. They're a different way to play.
4. Even if I could hack (I don't want to) I couldn't achieve that kind of decoration, I suck at that.
So, atm I'm happy playing the way I'm :).

Last edited:
hacking expands horizons BY A LOT which i kind of wish was in the original game.. to be able to customize your town even further, but i've seen many towns that are absolutely beautiful despite being hacked.. however im too scared / lazy to do it on my own haha

I hacked for like one or two weeks a couple years back, but I stopped because I found that it took the fun out of the game for me - I guess without all the restrictions and unlimited resources I felt pressured to make my town absolutely perfect? idk
anyway, I don't mind hacked towns - in fact, I think they can be really pretty and inspiring sometimes! other times though, it feels like people hack just for the sake of it... like putting excessive amounts of pwps and stuff in the river, not because it's pretty or they like it, but rather, just because they can?? I don't really know what I'm saying ahaha, but yeah, I don't really like visiting those kind of hacked towns :0
anyhow, to each their own. just play the game how you like and have fun with it lol

Last edited:
hacking expands horizons BY A LOT which i kind of wish was in the original game.. to be able to customize your town even further, but i've seen many towns that are absolutely beautiful despite being hacked.. however im too scared / lazy to do it on my own haha

It would be cool if ACNL had more customisation options.. like full out town building that allows us to customise our map, rivers, ponds, etc. But I guess that's not ~in the spirit~ of animal crossing. I actually do enjoy working on a town day by day and paying them off on my own, but I can see the appeal in having the power of placing things wherever you want, kinda like Sims. I like seeing how people implement the hacked features, that being said, a lot of hacked towns follow similar trends like overgrown forests that are impossible to navigate or just overdo it completely. So I'm either left annoyed and stuck or end up feeling jealous that I can't place a tree in the south side of town naturally :p

I don't really mind visiting one, however I would never hack my town. I'm much more impressed by a beautiful non-hacked town anyhow!
Plus I think some hacked towns look odd with weeds in the river and palm trees in places other than the beach! Sometimes they appear messier as well.

I think only if it's for aesthetic reasons, then it's fine. For that reason only, I had thought about hacking mine, just to move a few things around. If I could move all of my villagers into a neighborhood, that would enhance my gameplay to new heights.
I don't condone hacking if it's done for benefit, like hacking in gold tools, or having a town full of money trees right next to each other.

Back