• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Darn it!

pastellrain

creator of whimsica
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Orange (Fruit)
I saw the tarantula and the scorpion within 2 minutes of each other. They both got me before I could catch them.

The scorpion chased me all around town and I kept running so I could get some distance from it... it was kind of funny... except then I failed when I tried to swing my net.

Last edited:
That was me last night. Consistent scorpion and tarantula deaths lol

That exact sort of thing happened to me the other night with the tarantula! I swear all I did was boot up my game and my mayor walked out of her house with her net out - I felt like that tarantula flew at me from off-screen and I saw it coming for me. I tried to turn to catch it but it got me anyway. I wonder if I put my net away if it would have kept chasing me or not? Oh well, I'm still on the hunt to catch one because I never have!

This has happened to me too! I always try to run from them so I can turn around and catch them but it never works :(

You're lucky... I don't see Tarantulas and Scorpions in my Town. Anyway, i would like to see you're Mayor running all around your town, haha.

They run only a tiny bit short of the player's own run speed so you can't outrun them for extra distance. If one chases you and it is too close your only chance is to make it fall off a cliff.

I had my run of tarantula and scorpion misses in WW and CF...so far I haven't missed one in NL, luckily.

Back