• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villagers That Look Related/Like Couples?

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Blue Hybrid Violet
Pink Hybrid Lily
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Purple Violet
Yellow Lily
Red Rose
Yellow Tulip
White Pansy
Red Pansy
So we all know some of the NPC's are related and Lottie is clearly in love with Digby in HHD. But what about villagers?

I don't think any villagers are officially related (besides mama kangaroos and their babies if you wanna get technical) but some of them definitely give me that vibe either because of design or personalities in my town. This also works for couples as well.

As for related, Curt totally looks and acts like he would Teddy's uncle. Also Maddie and Bea have similar colors and designs so i've always seen them as sisters. What about you? Who else looks/acts related?

As for couples, Peaches and Clyde for obvious reasons. However Vladimir and Penelope totally looks like they would be a couple in the 50's do they not? (A pretty little housewife and a grumpy mean husband) So cute!

I'm interested to hear your guys' ideas!

I have two possibilities so far:

Tutu is the mama polar bear of Pekoe

Canberra is the grown up daughter of sweet Alice and jock Lyman

Gayle and Merengue give me the exact same vibe. In my new town I had Gayle and it kept feeling like Merengue was back.

Well, maybe they're cousins, though I'm not sure how an alligator and a rhino can be related :p

I used to ship Punchy and Mitzi way back when, lol.

Francine and Chrissy are confirmed as sisters :)
(according to the Japanese City Folk website)

Last edited:
CK3VBZZVEAEz7iU.jpg
I've always thought that Merry and Felicity came from the same litter since they're both white,peppy cats with funky hairdos.

0HNIawv.jpg
Mira is Gaston's daughter from his first marriage.

h3bMGEC - Imgur.jpg
Here's the octo family...Octavian and Marina are the mom and dad and Zucker is their dorky son.

Francine and Chrissy are confirmed as sisters :)
(according to the Japanese City Folk website)

Oh yeah duh! I totally forgot they existed for a second lol!

View attachment 203940
I've always thought that Merry and Felicity came from the same litter since they're both white,peppy cats with funky hairdos.

View attachment 203941
Mira is Gaston's daughter from his first marriage.

View attachment 203942
Here's the octo family...Octavian and Marina are the mom and dad and Zucker is their dorky son.

Those are all so great! Didn't even think about Mira and Gaston!

I've always thought that Filbert and Peanut could be twins. They have the same kind of stripe on their heads, and their birthdays are only five days apart (which is close when you consider all the other possibilities in the game)!

Last edited:
Mitzi, Lolly, Rosie, and Felicity always vaguely struck me as four sisters together. And that list, in order, is how I imagine how they are, from oldest, to youngest. Said sweetheart reinforces this headcanon.
WVW69kNCzcYnhFoljd

831c6a90-b331-4e46-9885-00eea73ab9b8.jpg
Cally and Sally look like sisters, along with Blaire and Nibbles.

5e74dfd4-7c20-4d65-9a92-695ad464059c.jpg
Poppy and Pecan look like Sisters.

Tasha looks like Blaire's mom lol

Tom, Moe and Rover look like they could be brothers.

Sally and Static looks like an old couple..I don't know why it just feels that way.

Vich? and CeCe are said to be actual sisters.

Last edited:
Walker and Goldie really look alike, but they have different colors that match well. I think they make a great couple.

Walker and Maddie look like siblings.

Biskit and Cherry could be siblings.

And we all know about the relation between Lucky and Walker...

Last edited:
Chrissy and Francine are definitely Related. :p

Filbert and Peanut look very alike as well.

In terms of couples, I do ship a couple of my villagers with each other, but tbh it's mainly due to same species or town rumors.

What could be likely is that Limberg could be Chadder's uncle or possibly even his dad.

Last edited:
My very first town had Tom and Mitzi in it, so I always thought they were related somehow.

Right now, I think Tia and Chai would look great in a town together, though. ~

9dba392a312bbd532d8f9d37ffa229db.png

latest

Last edited:
Agent S and Kid Cat look like they could be brother and sister. Or partners in "crime" at least! Also, Lucky and Ankha have the same motif going on, and they're the cat/dog pair!

I also like to ship Hamphrey and Flurry, because they're black/white hamsters! and their personalities cranky + normal would be a super cute couple!!

Moe and Tom look like they're related

their original outfit is the same ( the BB t-shirt )
they have the same colors ( blue and white )
they're both cats
although Tom is cranky and Moe is lazy.
you could think that Tom is cranky because of Moe's laziness

Mathilda and Kitt seem like older/younger siblings. I have both in one town, and Mathilda does seem to treat Kitt like a baby sister.

I only have two couples I ship right now: Eugene and Pekoe are one. They're in one of my towns and really do seem to be a couple. The other pair are Antonio and Anabelle. They live next door to one another and everyone in town is always talking about them.

Back