• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Linkin Park's Chester Bennington dead at 41

:( Linkin Park is one of my dads favorite bands and I listened to a lot of their music when I was little ;_;
I can't believe this has happened... my prayers are with his family and friends

I found out about this just a little while ago, and actually got angry when I looked into it. I know the guy was molested as a kid and struggled with depression and drug/ alcohol abuse, but jesus christ. He left behind SIX CHILDREN and decided to off himself in his family's house while they were out of town. I guess being depressed and ending it all was more important than the fact that he just screwed up the lives of six innocent kids that he brought into this world.

you really don't seem to understand or support people w mental health issues bc this is Really ignorant. it's a terrible situation for everyone involved just leave the "suicide is selfish" thing out of it, youre being disrespectful

Last edited:
Can people stop saying it's selfish to take your own life and stuff? Sometimes that is the only way if you can't tell people or can't get proper help yourself. Jesus stop hating on the guy. Some people can't just let it out and live with it inside forever until it gets too much.

RIP that guy though. I never liked their music but always sad to see when musicians leave us :(

When I saw the news, I couldn't believe it. My first memory of Linkin Park's music was when Flipnote Hatena was popular, back in 2012. I really appreciated the music, and I also loved the memes that came out of it. It was really devastating because it was just so unexpected. Chester was a tough guy, and it sounds like he went through a lot. Even though we feel hurt from our loss, he's not in the pain he was in anymore. <3

So many people from this generation grew up with Linkin Park, and the generation also spent a great deal of time enjoying the music they shared with us. RIP Chester. You were a legend.

i found out about it the day it was reported. i got so sad and emotional :/ i grew up with their older music and fell in love with it, and i also enjoyed some of their newer recent songs. it was so upsetting :( i've never been so sad about a musical artist. he's truly one of a kind!

It really gave me a bitter taste in my mouth. I fell in love with them back in high school... I was devastated, but I texted my friend immediately how his brother was doing; he's the biggest LP fan I know (I even drew him the band for his birthday). Devasted was no where near how he was feeling...

Back