• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Linkin Park's Chester Bennington dead at 41

Yes he did. It's a sad situation.

I hope his family can find peace

Linkin Park was a big part of my high school years

Yes, he hung himself :(

I'm honestly so sad, I've listened to them since I was a baby.

I hope that Linkin Park makes one more album dedicated to him <3 I believe they probably will.

I'll miss Chester's vocals definitely.

Ahh yes, I heard about this in the afternoon, may Chester rest in peace.
Linkin Park has been apart of my early secondary school years, I used to listen to them all the time especially along with peers. It's super sad to hear that he committed suicide;

It's just unbelievable, he even did it the same way his friend Chris Cornell did. Today was Chris's birthday room

Grew up on linkin park, will miss his voice on new tracks.

I found out about this just a little while ago, and actually got angry when I looked into it. I know the guy was molested as a kid and struggled with depression and drug/ alcohol abuse, but jesus christ. He left behind SIX CHILDREN and decided to off himself in his family's house while they were out of town. I guess being depressed and ending it all was more important than the fact that he just screwed up the lives of six innocent kids that he brought into this world.

I've grown up listening to tons of Linkin Park's work since Minutes to Midnight, they had their hit and their miss moments and while they had a commercial sound and probably a mixed reputation (is this term correct? idk or care) Chester's voice always delivered. the news truly broke my heart and got teared up, it's a tragic losing such a talented man with a beautiful, unique voice.
people has started talking **** about his suicide and leaving his wife and children, little do they know what actually happened and why and that depression is the worst thing in the world.
RIP Chester Bennington. thank you for everything you've done for your fans and you'll always be remembered.

I haven't listened to them for years, but Hybrid Theory and Metorea were really big around the time I was starting high school. I've not really been a 'fan' of them for a while, but I always liked those albums in particular.

I hope that Linkin Park makes one more album dedicated to him <3 I believe they probably will.

I think if they were going to do that they should either:
- Base it around any used vocal tracks should they be high enough quality to work with.
- Use any of his unused lyrics, maybe have guest vocalist record them.

Obviously they can't if those things don't exist for them to use, but they should if the opportunity is there.

I found out about this just a little while ago, and actually got angry when I looked into it. I know the guy was molested as a kid and struggled with depression and drug/ alcohol abuse, but jesus christ. He left behind SIX CHILDREN and decided to off himself in his family's house while they were out of town. I guess being depressed and ending it all was more important than the fact that he just screwed up the lives of six innocent kids that he brought into this world.

Sometimes when you're severely depressed, you just lose sight of the rest of the world. Nothing means anything anymore. Especially when you're so depressed you contemplate suicide.

Linkin Parks music has gotten me through so much of my mental illness. Im truly heartbroken he did this.

Sometimes when you're severely depressed, you just lose sight of the rest of the world. Nothing means anything anymore. Especially when you're so depressed you contemplate suicide.

Yeah, I know. Been there, done that. That doesn't justify going through with it when you have children to take care of, though. At a certain point you just have to toughen the **** up and get over yourself. I mean he was a famous musician with a successful career and tons of fans, while there are plenty of people in the world living in dirt huts half starving to death wondering if they'll have anything to feed their kids tonight. Depression is a stupid first world problem and I'm both over it and sick of it.

Yeah, I know. Been there, done that. That doesn't justify going through with it when you have children to take care of, though. At a certain point you just have to toughen the **** up and get over yourself. I mean he was a famous musician with a successful career and tons of fans, while there are plenty of people in the world living in dirt huts half starving to death wondering if they'll have anything to feed their kids tonight. Depression is a stupid first world problem and I'm both over it and sick of it.

Depression doesn't discriminate and can hit anyone regardless or gender, age, and socioeconomic status. Have some compassion.

Anyway, it's horrible to hear him passing. Condolences to his family and friends. Life can be so cruel. He seemed like a great guy. May his loved ones find peace. :(

i've always had a soft spot for chester although i haven't listened to linkin park in ages, they helped me through a lot of stuff. it kind of hit me, i didn't believe he died until i actually looked it up

Someone who is mentally ill (especially someone who struggles with substance abuse)may not always have complete control over their actions. Maybe this article will help you to understand what it feels like.

severe depression can make you numb, unable to see or think, at its lowest points it could drive you crazy. at one point in my life I felt so hollow I swear I couldn't see, I was like a walking zombie, I couldn't even talk about it because I was blaming myself so much I thought I didn't deserve help and was so close to ending my life because at that low point nothing mattered and everything was a blur. he was at such a low point with it it drove him to take out his life, who knows, maybe he wasn't thinking, was out of control over his mind and body. you have no idea what really happened and you'll probably never know. "depression is stupid juz get help" is such a childish thing to say.

Last edited:
OMG I was just about to make this thread when I heard that he died. I just found out 5 minutes ago, and I was honestly so shocked. I used to love listening to Linkin Park. Their music helped me through hard times. RIP Chester Bennington :(

severe depression can make you numb, unable to see or think, it its lowest points it could drive you crazy. at one point in my life I felt so hollow I swear I couldn't see, I was like a walking zombie, I couldn't even talk about it because I was blaming myself so much I thought I didn't deserve help and was so close to ending my life because at that low point nothing mattered and everything was a blur. he was at such a low point with it it drove him to take out his like. you have no idea what really happened and you'll probably never know. "depression is stupid juz get help" is such a childish thing to say.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Speak louder so those in the back can hear. This is absolutely true. And I just happen to be going through a very low point in my life myself so hearing someone say that depression is stupid and doesn't matter is heartbreaking.

Depression doesn't discriminate and can hit anyone regardless or gender, age, and socioeconomic status. Have some compassion.

Anyway, it's horrible to hear him passing. Condolences to his family and friends. Life can be so cruel. He seemed like a great guy. May his loved ones find peace. :(

I realize that anyone can be depressed, but it is interesting how richer countries tend to have a higher depression rate than third world countries. I guess when you stop struggling you stop being grateful and appreciative for the little things you have. And I'm saying there comes a point where you have to toughen up because I was in that guy's shoes at one point. I do have compassion and understanding for the situation that guy was in. I know getting past it isn't like flipping a switch, but unlike me and every other depressed person that chose not to kill themselves, he tossed aside the feelings of everyone he cared about, and let his own emotions be more important than sticking around to raise his kids. That is inexcusable to me, and it's frustrating that everyone seems willing to give this guy a pass and feel bad for him because he made good music. Do you see where I'm coming from?

I realize that anyone can be depressed, but it is interesting how richer countries tend to have a higher depression rate than third world countries. I guess when you stop struggling you stop being grateful and appreciative for the little things you have. And I'm saying there comes a point where you have to toughen up because I was in that guy's shoes at one point. I do have compassion and understanding for the situation that guy was in. I know getting past it isn't like flipping a switch, but unlike me and every other depressed person that chose not to kill themselves, he tossed aside the feelings of everyone he cared about, and let his own emotions be more important than sticking around to raise his kids. That is inexcusable to me, and it's frustrating that everyone seems willing to give this guy a pass and feel bad for him because he made good music. Do you see where I'm coming from?

I suppose, but toughening up can be harder for some than others. Like I'm battling severe depression right now and I'm having a very hard time getting passed it because I feel like nobody really cares about how I truly feel except for my online friends.

And we aren't excusing him because he's a good musician, a lot of us (currently) understand his pain. We can never know why he did what he did. But things like this make people more aware of what depression can do to someone, and that people really shouldn't just look the other way if someone seems to be depressed.

I could come across as rude too, but instead of pointing fingers at him and calling him a bad guy, I'm just praying that his kids find happiness again after living through such hardships.

I didn't listen to Linkin Park much, but I always liked their music. I can't believe this has happened.:(

Back