CABIT PIGS - Cuteness overload | NEW ROOM 💕

You are very, very lucky to have that many animals. And an animal room. The maximum house pets I’d have is 1. I mean, I have no room in my house for a pet room and I’m so busy that I’d probably forget to feed them and stuff! But they’re so cute!! I wish my cat was cool enough (and a little less fat) so that I could do cool photo shoots with him. But I’ve got to say, Poppy and Ekko are so so so cute!! Hope your Guinea pigs get better soon as well! So, do you train your two cats?

Ahah, Ekko is actually quite a chubby one also, because he had to spent
the first year of his life in a shelter and there he was getting overfed q.q
Mh.. I do actually train Ekko, but not Poppy. Poppy is not interested
enough in any kind of treats, so it's hard.. but Ekko literally does
anything for his little treats :rolleyes: For now he's able to do "sit"
and stand still, until he gets the "go" to take the food <:

Your newest looks like my old guinea! So cute

Aww <:

aww, your guinea pigs and adorable! i own two myself. their cage isn't nearly as big as yours, i just wish i had the space to make something like that, they would love it. ;v;

Thank you! :D
To be fair, I think I almost overdid it with this cage.
It's 3,68m? ..takes a looot of litter to clean xD
Mh, I remember, that when I was still a kid,
I was saving up money for a bed, that it high
(I don't know the english name..)
to be able to make my guinea pigs a bigger cage under it,
since it brings me 2m? free space. That's always a good
way to give them more space <:
I actually have my old cage featured here, if you want to take a look!

Last edited:
Thank you! :D
To be fair, I think I almost overdid it with this cage. It's 3,68m? ..takes a looot of litter to clean xD
Mh, I remember, that when I was still a kid, I was saving up money for a bed, that it high (I don't know the english name..)
to be able to make my guinea pigs a bigger cage under it, since it brings me 2m? free space.
That's always a good way to give them more space <:
I actually have my old cage featured here, if you want to take a look!

yea i bet it would! x'D we call it a bunk bed, and i actually sleep in one. unfortunately, i share my room with two sisters so we need the space for ourselves. my guinea pigs reside in our basement, and have been for a year now i think. it stays nice and cool in the summer, and warm in the winter if you keep the door closed.
i always thought about that idea though, it's really good! plenty of space for them too if i had my own room with a bunk bed

yea i bet it would! x'D we call it a bunk bed, and i actually sleep in one. unfortunately, i share my room with two sisters so we need the space for ourselves. my guinea pigs reside in our basement, and have been for a year now i think. it stays nice and cool in the summer, and warm in the winter if you keep the door closed.
i always thought about that idea though, it's really good! plenty of space for them too if i had my own room with a bunk bed

Ohh, I see!
I've got lucky and never had to share a room with anyone :rolleyes:
In the basement? I've never heard of this idea before!
Are they able to get a bit of sunlight down there? o:

Last edited:
Ohh, I see!
I've got lucky and never had to share a room with anyone :rolleyes:
In the basement? I've never heard of this idea before! Are they able to get a bit of sunlight down there? o:

Yeah, there's two windows down stairs! plenty of light during the day c:

I decided to try and make an edit of your cat, Ekko out of boredom. Hope you don't mind. He's the actual cutest cat I absolutely adore black cats ahhhhhhhh <3 ~

Ekko.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to try and make an edit of your cat, Ekko out of boredom. Hope you don't mind. He's the actual cutest cat I absolutely adore black cats ahhhhhhhh <3 ~

First of all: I love it, it's so funny and cute at the same time!! Thank you <3

And second: I actually have to admit, that I used to not like black cats.
But when I went to the shelter and saw him, I was chossing between him and
another cat, that many people were looking at, no one was even looking at him,
because apparently black cats are very hated in France, because of the "bad luck" thing..
I instantly fell in love with him, even tho he was just laying there, minding his own
business and not even noticing me. When the people that are working at the shelter
told me, that it is the third shelter he had to go to, because no one was adopting him
in the other ones and he was living already 9 out of his 11 months on earth in a shelter,
I just had to adopt him q.q He's not liking to get picked up from anyone, but me.
Makes me feel special =D

Last edited:

UdmwB2L.png

Long time that I've posted here!
Here is a picture of my cats in
the middle of a secret slapattack
done by Poppy. Ekko doesn't mind
it a lot, he will just give her a mad
look for a few seconds and that's about it.
He prefers to be as lazy as possible :)

(Click on the image for larger resolution!)

7MnfbO6.png

This is my new furbaby, Luna!
I've found her at the shelter
where I'm helping out sometimes.
It was love at first sight and
I was lucky enough that my
boyfriend accepted to adopt her <3

(Click on the image for larger resolution!)

Last edited:
This thread is so cute, posting to subscribe :]

c9zPpZA.png

nPiDnIh.png

Long time I've posted here! o:
Since we moved to our own house my guinea pigs
and rabbit got again their own room. This time a ~15m? big
room and they all live together without any problems!
I used a shelf to make the guinea pigs cage and the rabbits
cage is made out of random pieces that I've found in the
home. He loves his little box but for some reason he keeps
it very clean andhops to the guinea pigs cage to make his
business.. :rolleyes:I have to admit, since I did the entire
room myself, I am really proud of how it turned out!

(Click on a image for larger resolution!)

Old Version
New Version

*I had to remove the carpet, since the guinea pigs kept on peeing on it and the ground under started
to get mold on it and the carpet itself was smelling very bad. My rabbit is only walking on carpets, that's
why I had one in first place. My guinea pigs don't mind walking on the wooden ground. Anyways, I found
a nice solution and the place is also getting used better, I feel. It looks more open! The new corner for
my rabbit is having a cover as ground, which he loves to jump on and it's easy to get cleaned, in case
the guinea pigs pee on it again. :lemon:

PS: Don't judge the window! It's super hard to paint a window and I didn't find the motivation yet to
finally finish it. :rolleyes: Also, the ground will only get replaced once we have no more animals in the
room, as for now they would just ruin a new ground, so not worth it.~

Last edited:
That's really cool that your rabbits and guinea pigs have their own room! Wish I could've had that when I had a rabbit lol :eek:

That's really cool that your rabbits and guinea pigs have their own room! Wish I could've had that when I had a rabbit lol :eek:

Ahah, yeah I'm glad that I have the opportunity to do so!
Even my cats have a room for themselves, which I might show soon as well. :)
I've always let my guinea pigs run around in my whole room when I was a kid, but it's not the best when
you suddenly have wet spots all over the room, ahah. :b

cooltext350530199681615.png

So.. I had to change the layout of the room once again.
This time, because one of my guinea pigs, Bijou, got blind.
It's not due to a sickness, it's just because she is getting
old and things like that can happen to older guinea pigs.
She is still very happy and quite active for her age,
but it seems like she is now too scared to go out the cage,
since she can't see anymore where she is going.
Since their cage was only working as a "toilet" I didn't bother
making it too big, but now that Bijou is no longer going outside,
I had to find a solution of making her a bigger comfortzone.
Luckily we had some plates left over from the livingroom
ground, so I did a DIY cage that I attached to the old one,
making it a bit more than 2x bigger than before.
It looks actually really good and Bijou seems super happy, yay!!

(Click on a image for larger resolution!)

Last edited:
Aw you're so sweet to your Guinea pigs! Your room for them looks really nice.

How did you find out she was going blind?

Aw you're so sweet to your Guinea pigs! Your room for them looks really nice.

How did you find out she was going blind?

Thank you! Always happy when I can make the life more comfortable for them. :)

At the beginning her right eye became slightly white and after a few days it was completely white and she didn't react on it anymore. Then after a few days the other eye became the same. :( Now she struggles to run around, she sometimes walks against a house, but she's keeping up good! I am suspecting that she might have hearingloss as well, since she struggles to react to sound, so that's annoying q.q

Oh that's right I forgot eyes change colour with blindness sometimes.

In any case, I hope she does well, just based on your thread alone it seem like you really love them and want to make life comfortable and easy for them.

awe your animals are so adorable! it’s so sweet what you did for bijou and the bigger cage looks great!

Oh that's right I forgot eyes change colour with blindness sometimes.

In any case, I hope she does well, just based on your thread alone it seem like you really love them and want to make life comfortable and easy for them.

Thanks, she seems to be doing pretty good so far! Yeah, animals are pretty much the most important thing in my life,
besides my boyfriend. =)

awe your animals are so adorable! it’s so sweet what you did for bijou and the bigger cage looks great!

Thank you, indeed they are! ^-^
Haha, some people say I overdo it with how I take care of my animals, but eh.. it's like my biggest passion so whenever I can do something I will do it for sure =)

Thank you, indeed they are! ^-^
Haha, some people say I overdo it with how I take care of my animals, but eh.. it's like my biggest passion so whenever I can do something I will do it for sure =)

no such thing as overdoing it! they’re your babies and you’re their parent and it’s important to do what you can for them when you can - they’re lucky to have you, for sure c:

Back