• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

First 5 villagers: keep or let go?

ikeafanboy

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡&
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5898-8035-9297
White Cosmos
Tasty Cake
My last two villagers that have been at Milan since the beginning are leaving soon. I was wondering what people thought of having them around. Do you still have them or did you replace them? I like how they don't sing town tunes because this was their town and they hold sentimental value.

What do they mean to you?

Since ACNL was my first "true" AC game, I have developed a policy for my originals that is as follows:

I am intensely loyal to my originals and will not move them out, EXCEPT:
- they are a villager I loathe
- they commit an unpardonable transgression.

In my ACNL town, I had Lobo, Eunice, Tank, Becky, and Alfonso as my starting 5. I've kept all of them except Eunice, because she told me to leave weeds for weeding day...which cost me my perfect town status and the topiary PWPs. She swiftly got the boot for that :mad:

Tbh it seems a lot of people here don't hold the same loyalty to originals as I do. But idc, you do what makes you the happiest :)

They will most likely be plotted in bad spots so it's better if I'm not fond of them so I don't feel bad when kicking them, lol.

Since ACNL was my first "true" AC game, I have developed a policy for my originals that is as follows:

I am intensely loyal to my originals and will not move them out, EXCEPT:
- they are a villager I loathe
- they commit an unpardonable transgression.

In my ACNL town, I had Lobo, Eunice, Tank, Becky, and Alfonso as my starting 5. I've kept all of them except Eunice, because she told me to leave weeds for weeding day...which cost me my perfect town status and the topiary PWPs. She swiftly got the boot for that :mad:

Tbh it seems a lot of people here don't hold the same loyalty to originals as I do. But idc, you do what makes you the happiest :)

I'm only giving the boot to Filbert and Cookie because someone from the void unexpectedly moved in as my 10th villager. There houses are unoriginal as well and that bothered me a little... Curse you Canberra.

I got 3 birds who i hated and Tabby and Lolly who im not too fond of. I mightve kept lolly because she did grow on me a little but it just didnt work out that way.

I kept a few of my original villagers for about 6 months, but I eventually wanted to cycle in some new people. It was hard to let them go, but I'm glad I did.

Since my only goal when I play is to build my town exactly how I want it, the only chance a starting villager has to stay once I become the mayor is:

1) They're in a non-obstructive spot
2) I like them
3) Their house doesn't clash with the theme of the town

So... yeah, overall I do kick them out more often than not :p

In my first town I kept Bam, Merry, and Pecan from my starters because I loved Pecan and the other two really grew on me, and I wanted to keep them for sentimental value. Merry moved out unexpectedly, but the other two stayed until I reset my town. In my current town, though, I wasn't attached to any of my five starting villagers so I let them all go.

I usually let my starters go because they're always plotted in bad positions. I want to get Annalise back for my second town though. I really liked her, and I was sad to let her go but I had to.

I don't have a policy. I just start playing and try to get to know them all naturally, and if someone asks to move, I say yes if I'm not too fond of them by then and no if we've formed a friendship. I like to give all the villagers a chance, but I don't keep villagers JUST because they were starters. (I have kept a lot in Feldspar, though. I got lucky there!)

The only starters I have left are Bob and Fauna. Mostly because I like them both.

I never got attached that much to my original villagers. I forgot who most of them are lol. I let them go when they wanted to leave because I was excited to meet all the new villagers in this game.

I just recently began a second town and my starters were Midge, Pecan, Hopper, Pippy and Scoot
Right now they're all still here but they'll all be leaving except maybe Pecan

I'm ruthless with kicking out villagers that aren't cute. I only have 2 of 5 starters.. and one just won't leave, no matter how hard I ignore him lol. I grew pretty attached to Monique though c:

I don't use Amiibo cards, so I can't just kick out ones so easily... That said, I still have all 5 of my original villagers 6 months into playing. It's mostly because they were all very reasonable villagers in the first place, and many that have come to my town after that felt too foreign in terms of design and house position.

That said, I may say farewell to a couple of them at some point.

I'm (pretty sure) that my originals were Eloise, Lucy, Scoot, Sprinkle, and Knox
I've kept one, Sprinkle, since the very beginning
Mostly because of the fact that she actually fits into the town nicely, had her house in a good spot, and somehow stayed throughout the 4 years I've had it, despite the times when I had major time-traveling disasters (little brother messed with internal clock many times) and lost most other originals
It means a lot to me having one of the originals remaining after 4 long years of practically non-stop playing, so she's going to keep on staying in the town for a long while

i'm keeping ruby and erik forever! and i was going to keep sally but her moving out speech was so self-actualized and optimistic for the future that i had to let her go ;;; bless up sally

Back