• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

First 5 villagers: keep or let go?

I tend to have terrible luck with first 5 house placements, so I tend to let them go. The only villagers I would make myself work around would be Marshal, Merengue, Molly, and Diana.

The only one of my originals I liked was Aurora, and I struggled to let her go. I have her amiibo card now though. Scoot was ok too. But I had no trouble showing Wart Jr., Claudia, and Bubbles the path right to the train leaving town.

My starters in my current town seem... rather awful.

- Benedict
- Deena
- Samson
- Curt
- Pate

Not a fan of these villagers... I'll probably just invite Medli and W.Link to live in my town and then I'll just have to deal with kicking out 3 villagers.

I'm thinking on getting rid of Benedict and Curt first since they are the ones I can't stand the most.

Last edited:
in my first town i had

Biskit ( unfortunately left :( )
Ed ( unfortunately left :( )
Timbra ( still in town )
Tutu ( first to ever leave my town )
Biff ( still in town

I just base it on which ones I like, I don't really care if they're original to my town or not. Plus if I really wanted to move in more original villagers I'd just do it from the campsite or let them move in naturally, but it doesn't really matter to me. That being said, I still have Bill and he was one of my original five villagers; I kept him because I like him and his design, and his house is in a really good spot. He's my favorite villager and his house is really close to mine but not too close so I'm pretty happy. :) The rest of my original 5 I didn't care for so I let them move.

Ehh, I tend to let my first five go. They're usually in terrible spots that I can't really work with. And tbh, I have the worst luck with getting good original five. I can either go for a terrible map layout and likeable villagers or a decent map and ehhh villagers, and at this point of playing the game, I'm sick of resetting so I usually go with the decent map and boot out my original five ASAP. But it's always nice to see them on Main Street.

I can't remember who my original five were anymore.. It's been so long u___u Which basically just means I let them all go. I started the game not knowing what to do anyways so likely they were in horrible spots and weren't villagers I cared for in general.

I just experienced one of the best moments when I stepped out of the train station and saw both Skye and Beau in my welcome committee! I've always loved being loyal to my starting villagers and have tried keeping at least one of them <3
With Fairbell I've just been insanely lucky - my other three were Cheri, Olivia and Hopper (all three of whom I may also keep)

In past towns I've also sometimes grown unexpectedly attached to some I wouldn't have even considered, like Gaston and Gala. But still, if I dislike the villager or their house I have no qualms letting them go.

Last edited:
I just experienced one of the best moments when I stepped out of the train station and saw both Skye and Beau in my welcome committee! I've always loved being loyal to my starting villagers and have tried keeping at least one of them <3
With Fairbell I've just been insanely lucky - my other three were Cheri, Olivia and Hopper (all three of whom I may also keep)

In past towns I've also sometimes grown unexpectedly attached to some I wouldn't have even considered, like Gaston and Gala. But still, if I dislike the villager or their house I have no qualms letting them go.

Your first 5 villagers is seriously the best starting line-up I've seen!

I've gotten rid of all five of them. I thought Lobo was one of my starters for the longest time, till I checked my town tree and saw he moved in two days after I started my town. I can't even remember who my starters were for my main town; not a single one. But I'm alright with that as I'm happy with (most) of my current villagers. :) Though for my other, older town that has existed for quite a few years and is neglected, I remember all five; Kitt, Willow, Whitney, Hopper, and Rodeo. (I still have Kitt in that town, and was heartbroken when Hopper moved out.)

I still have all of mine except one, but I'm not actively trying to keep any of them. I wanna get the cute sweet villagers that I love, and I didn't really have any of those in my first 5

Unless i get super lucky and i get a dream villager AND they're not in a bad spot, I'm most definitely Kicking all of them out. (Also unless they somehow win me over lmao but unlikely).

The original five from my current town were Filbert, Willow, Chrissy, Chief, and Coach! At first I was planing to keep all of them, but I eventually let them go/realized their houses were in bad places. I'm planning to move Willow back in with her amiibo card sometime soon though!

Your first 5 villagers is seriously the best starting line-up I've seen!

Yeah, I didn't mean to brag, but I was ecstatic when I saw them (especially after having started towns with ensembles so abysmal I was like "nah dog girl, get me a one-way ticket out of here!" :rolleyes:)

I always kick mine out . I especially love them singing other players town tunes, it's so cute!

I especially love it when I give my villagers to someone because of this! And even though they're not needed in my town I know they'll be loved somewhere. Unfortunately not all villagers are very popular..

I recently let one my originals go ;-; Mallary, and she sent me her picture as a parting gift, which is somehow more heartbreaking... someone adopted her though, so hopefully they will take good care of her!

I always let mine go, I usually get uggos! I can't even remember who I had for my current town when I started, but they're long gone now!

I am letting go of my starter villagers since they are all in bad spots. Two are in the middle of a path, and the rest are in places I wanted to put PWPs in. The only villager I actually want to keep is Wendy, who moved into the perfect spot that I planned out for her.

I still only have one of my originals, Anicotti. However, I consider Chops one of my originals because he's been there just as long, only moved in a day or two after the town was established. My originals were (I think) Fang, Anicotti, Ava, Hugh, and Rory.

Back