Where do you guys place your bathrooms?

Which room is best for a bathroom design?

• Main room...why?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Room in the back of main room.

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Left side

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Right side

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Basement

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Attic

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bluebellie

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Island
Melancolia
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Ok so the last time that I did the bathroom, it was placed in the basement. Now I feel like that might be an awkward place to put a bathroom, but I honestly don't know where else to place it. If I were to make a bathroom/ spa room which is the best place to put it. Where do you guys locate yours?

When I had a bathroom/spa, I also put it in my basement! But if I were to have one again I would probably put it in the left or right room.

I don't have one in my house :p I've noticed quite a few on the first floor to the left or the first floor to the right. I'm not really a fan of the basement bathroom either :p

I feel like the basement is a weird placement But then I feel like all the other rooms are too open for a bathroom which should be private.

Actually, in my current town, I placed the bathroom/spa in one of the museum exhibit rooms! One, it didn't fit the aesthetic of any of my characters' houses, and two, none of the villagers have bathrooms! How are any of them are supposed to stay clean? I like to think that every now and then, they'll go to the spa in the museum and relax.

But in my previous towns, I would usually put them on the left side.

Second floor in one of alt character's house. Technically, it's my girlfriend's character and she wanted the bathroom to be one of the main/featured rooms so I decided to put it there.

Whoever picked attic - the thought of going up stairs if you have to use the restroom...

Those are the "ugly houses" that sit on the real estate market :blush:

Well, usually I prefer the basement or a side room, but I shoved one into the upstairs room because I wanted a spa, was content with the size of the rest of the house, and didn't want to expand further (this was for a side character)

Usually to the right or left, depending on how my map is laid out. I try to put my Mayor's house in a place where villagers can only move in from one side, or not at all, then place the bathroom on the opposite side. Otherwise I get this funny feeling that they're watching.

i don't have a bathroom, but back when i was designing my house, i planned to put it on the right, and have a kitchen on the left. the side rooms fell through because i decided i like my layout right now with everything else expanded and done except those two rooms, but it's the thought that counts, amirite? :)

also, this was a really interesting poll because i never thought about the logistics behind how many people pick certain bathroom orientations???? it's kind of cool to know that people favor certain rooms for their bathroom? idk haha :blush:

I feel like left or right side would work really well for a bathroom!

I don't have a bathroom in any of my houses but if I were to construct one it would be in a side room of some sorts, I don't know why but I feel like imo those two rooms are ideal bathroom placements.

I don't have one and haven't as any point haha, I had one in Wild World but it just never really seemed necessary in New Leaf so I never built one. I see that a lot of people had a spa/bathroom combo and I did have a spa for a little while in the room off to the right, but I got rid of it because it didn't really seem to fit well in my house.

Of my three completed towns (12 houses), only two houses have bathrooms, and both are the room at the back. It just feels more 'out of the way' and private to me. Plus real life bathrooms usually aren't that amazing to look at, so it's not like a room I'm dying to showcase. Haha.

Back