• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

so, how many people still love Marshal?

Yeah I like him! He's so cute. I actually didn't know he was such a popular villager until I joined these forums back in 2015. After joining, I learned that he was worth 50 million IGB. I'm not sure how much he's worth nowadays, but that was a thing and I remembered being very shocked. I actually didn't care much for Marshal at first, but later on I just started liking him? There's really no explanation... but one day I was just kinda,, I need him in my town. He was also the most expensive villager I bought in tbt if I remember correctly... I think I paid 350 tbt for him haha (back then villagers were a lot more going for a lot more tbt than now, not sure what happened there?). It was pricey, but I think it was worth it. He's just so sweet and adorkable.

Then there was someone who paid over 500 million bells for a perfect fresh Marshal. There were people resetting their towns just to get Marshal!

I sold Marshal when I had my cycling town. I just adopted him in one of my WIP towns and so far he is very polite. We haven't been BFFs yet but we're pleasant neighbors. He's a good guy with a good heart...as a heartthrob should be :blush:

He sells for how much for the Amiibo card lately? Last time I looked it was 15 dollars US!

Then there was someone who paid over 500 million bells for a perfect fresh Marshal. There were people resetting their towns just to get Marshal!

I sold Marshal when I had my cycling town. I just adopted him in one of my WIP towns and so far he is very polite. We haven't been BFFs yet but we're pleasant neighbors. He's a good guy with a good heart...as a heartthrob should be :blush:

He sells for how much for the Amiibo card lately? Last time I looked it was 15 dollars US!

I got Marshal's amiibo card for $1.50 on eBay before the update, praise God.

I've always really loved him and I still do. I even bought his Amiibo card so I can always have him! :>

His design is pretty cool, I'd have him if he matched my town theme. I'm not crazy over him like a lot of people seem to be, but by no means hate him.

I actually really like Marshal. I think he's totally adorable. I was really lucky to find his amiibo card. I guess I can see why people don't like him, but I also really like smugs and he's just so sulky.

I currently have him in my town, and I've totally fallen in love with him. <: Originally when he had showed up in my campsite I was planning on selling him, but when he asked to move I just couldn't let him go. ;u; He has a cute design that I totally adore. I now understand why people love him so much.

I got Marshal's amiibo card for $1.50 on eBay before the update, praise God.

*o* there she issssss

my goodness though, that's suuuper cheap? what a lucky find, omg. ;u;

- - - Post Merge - - -

I currently have him in my town, and I've totally fallen in love with him. <: Originally when he had showed up in my campsite I was planning on selling him, but when he asked to move I just couldn't let him go. ;u; He has a cute design that I totally adore. I now understand why people love him so much.

ohhh my goodness. ikr? I absolutely love his design, it's probably one of the cutest smug ones. I don't understand how people can dislike the little marshmallow other than him being popular ;o;

He's one of the better smugs, that's for sure
I'll probably end up having him in my second town if/when I ever get around to making progress on it
He has a really great design and the smug personality type fits his overall character quite well

Last edited:
Marshal is one of my favorite villagers ever. He was a starter in my first ever AC:NL town and he was always sweet. I need to get his card one of these days. I miss the little guy. I also really like his house. That is the house of a little anime fan.

Marshal is one of my favorite villagers ever. He was a starter in my first ever AC:NL town and he was always sweet. I need to get his card one of these days. I miss the little guy. I also really like his house. That is the house of a little anime fan.

I agree! He really is amazing! And you're so lucky to have gotten him as a starter~
and the last part is so true!! I quite like his house! And it's even better/makes more sense when you remember that one line that smugs have about more anime songs in clubs! xD

Last edited:
Of course. I like him even way before I knew he was extremely popular so that didn't affect my decision whether to like his design or not.

I like him because he's new for me - I'll probably let him leave eventually, but no time soon!

I love Marshal, but I love him because he is the only snob that I find cute :). So, he's not my favorite, but I like him a lot.

I really like Marshal! :)

However it's mostly because he had appeared randomly once and then i started to like him more because[CHARGE][/CHARGE] of his Personality. :p

Imo, I feel villagers like Mira and Ankha beat him in terms of Creativity/Design however. :
o

Overall he's definitely one of my Top 5 favorites. :)

Last edited:
I've never had him, so I guess I can't have too much of an opinion of him, but he seems adorable and I'm not quite sure why so many people are falling out of love with him :(

I've never met the guy but he doesn't strike me as someone I adore right now. Anyone who stays in town a while usually grows on me so if he ever comes I'm sure we'll be bestest buddies in no time. Are we agreed people are fallling out of love for him just because once things become popular they cycle into over-popularity and people dislike them for that then come back around, etcetera, etcetera.

I've never had him, but his design is pretty cute imo! I wouldn't mind it if he moved in, I'm not really bothered by villagers' popularity ^^;

Awww I love Marshal so much he is so cute!!!^-^ He recently moved in to my new town but I had him in my first town a few years ago . I love him sooo much though! He is so adorable and I love his personality! He's always flirting with me and other villagers too which is cute and funny. He's my favorite male villager, while Marina is my favorite female villager.:)

Last edited:
I had him in my town for over a year (he was my first smug move-in), it took me forever to make the decision to let him move out. I just had too many smugs. But yea he's cute ! If there was more room for villagers in towns I'd probably still have him.

Haha Marshal is still one of my top villagers T^T I wanted to move him into my town after Mallary left but no one was trading him and I got tired of waiting, sigh. I moved in Lolly instead and I'm really excited, she is super cute! I have too many normal villagers now though (3).

Back