• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is everyone nice here?

Twinklethighs

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I'm 100% new to this site, i dont really know what im doing as i only found this site today haha. But are the people here nice? Like, are they the sort of people to take advantage of new members and totally rip them off with the btb currency system? I dont really know how much btb are worth with igb and in game items. I hope this doesnt offend anyone :( I'm just worried about people being horrible to new users. Thanks!

Honestly yes, I've seen so many people correct new members in a positive way especially when they are overpaying. I've seen so many "That's very generous but you really only have to give me x amount because that's more fair!". There are a few bad eggs is generally a very positive and helpful environment!

Last edited:
I agree with BrinaLouWho (who's one of the nicest members here, by the way). I've encountered a couple of people who haven't been the nicest, but I'd say 98% of everyone on this forum is very kind, generous, and helpful. :)

For the most part, yes, everyone is nice here. Even if someone does try to rip you off, someone else will typically step in and stop it before anything happens :) But welcome to the site!

I agree with everyone who's replied! There are tons of people who are willing to explain things to you and help you here. Almost everyone is kind, and you shouldn't have to worry considering that this is such a nice site! ^ ^ Welcome to the forums!!!

Every so often a random troll will appear to insult everyone, but they disappear just as quickly.
You should beware of trading though. Scammers can cry their way out of a negative feedback, so it's not accurate.

As a general rule over the internet, most people are nice and courteous and this place is no exception. There are always jerks though, no matter where you go.

Yes, this site seems to be overwhelmingly made up of kind and helpful people. It's the only forum I really feel comfortable chatting in instead of lurking. In my experience, the small percentage of rude people are usually pretty young (like early teens - which is NOT to say that all young users are rude!), so I try to be understanding.

No, we're all evil jerks and you have already overstayed your welcome. Leave.

Just kidding! Like what others have said, the large magority of the people on this site seem to be very helpful and kind! Personally, in all my time of being on this site, I've never had a personal experience with a bad person, and I'm positive no one's had a bad experience with me. c:
Also, welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll have a great time here. c:

By the way, 1 TBT = 200k IGB, just so you know. Now you can't get ripped off so easily! ^^

Lmao I wish it was this good last year (trollers, people ripping off, etc.)
I would def buy things super high and I didn't even know ;-;

Yeah, I can agree with everyone people are usually very nice on here. I think it's fair to say that most members on here recall their early days on confusion on this site so we're pretty easy-going towards new members. It's rare to see people scamming others with trades on here thanks to the feedback system. There are cases where people having less than 100% positive feedback happens with misunderstandings but you can always PM a mod if there's something fishy going on.

Just remember when you're inviting others to your town or going to another town:
- Stay in communication & within eyesight of the other player: I tend to follow others or I lead people wherever said item/villager are. Taking screenshots of the other person when arriving at the train station is vital in case something bad happens.
- If someone takes a item or causes trouble in your town, try your best to take screenshots, & disconnect your wifi asap.
- Agreeing on a time & verifying orders (esp in game items & bc of timezones)

Like I said, these cases are extremely rare so I doubt you'll run into this issue. Good luck! :)

Hmmmmm....

Not everyone on here is a blast of sunshine and unfortunately you will find out soon enough, it's imminent. If you ever see anyone deliberately trying to annoy people or if a group of users decide to bully a user do not give them the light of day, I know it's tempting to defend the victim(s) and argue with the bullies but it's not going to do anything good in all honesty. Report them and avoid those specific users, the site will be fabulous that way.

Also if you ever find that you are under attack, please do not bite back as they likely want a reaction and more often than not it will be the same people bothering you. So my advice applies in this situation too.

You will usually find those people in controversial threads, so avoid them if you can. :)

As for the trading community, people are very kind on here and will guide you through the process of doing trades. However you may stumble across the occasional scammer, BTB (Bell Tree Bells) is the better payment method because if you are scammed you can simply report it and get your BTB back. The staff can't do anything about the loss of your in game bells or in game items if you were to be scammed unfortunately, so please be careful.

We have a Wi-Fi rating system here, if a user has 100% with at least 5 trades under their belt (this is what I usually aim for when I want someone to trade with) then you can likely trust them, if a user has 100% and 0 trades do not trade with them, they may be a scammer and check the user's join date, because if they join on the day that they start a trade with you then they may be a scammer. :(

They may be completely innocent but personally, I would rather be safe when I'm doing a trade of any kind. :)

Enjoy your stay on TBT. :D

There's a few people everywhere that try to ruin it, but here almost everyone is nice. By nice, I mean freaking amazing!

Agreed, been here a few years and probably can only count on one hand some bad experiences from this site.
Enjoy your stay!

Depends on who you are, and what people you interact with. People treated me horribly when I joined the site around this time last year. People really don't rip others off for TBT here though in my experience, all trades seem to be fair

Definitely not. Watch out for Brewster's Cafe. There are some nasty people there. I am not joking.

Last edited:
Well most of the time people are nice, especially in the trading forums. If you go to a forum like Brewsters Cafe or The Basement, you have to watch out for threads that may cause an argument (like threads relating to politics or religion) cause those are the threads where people get really rude and start calling names.

Back