TbT or IgB?

auntymya

Seller
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Which currency do you prefer when using the forums and playing animal crossing? I personally use igB instead of TbT because I understand the currency more and I'll have bells in my pocket to pay off my home loan.

Which currency do YOU use and why?
I will be reading and responding to all replies!

I honestly like igb because I can get more stuff with igb like the crown, throne, pay off my house loan, etc.

Last edited:
I honestly like igb because I can get more stuff with igb like the crown, throne, pay off my house loan, etc.

I absolutely love your way of thinking. In fact, I feel the exact same why. I just find them so much more useful as most my transactions here are through igb anyways! Thanks for the reply ❤️

Well the two currencies have very different uses, and TBT is based on ACNL anyway, which is based on bells. So I think the answer will always be IGB because they subsume TBT's purpose.

I prefer tbt, because igb I use for in game :D

I usually trade for items...but I don't necessarily like wasting my bells for it.

I need to pay of my houses lol

Last edited:
I prefer using tbt personally! I don't have a huge sum of in game bells (at least compared to many other players out there) and would prefer to avoid spending my IGB most of the time. If I'm remembering correctly, I haven't spent a single in game bell during my time on the forums (I just came back to TBT about a week ago or so, so that's just from what I remember). Tbt bells are a lot more useful to me too in terms of being on the forums since I like buying things such as collectibles. I also buy my dream villagers on here and I just find it a lot more easy to spend tbt rather than IGB. :)

I like tbt better. The transaction is so much quicker, and most people want tbt over igb it seems. ( to me). Plus, they're fairly easy to get.

I prefer tbt because paying for rarer items with it online can be a bit of a hassle. Not very fun clearing out a space in your station locker for 10 million bells.

I guess I would like to be able to pay with IGB more often for trades & buying items and such, but most people on TBT prefer using that currency so that's what I always end up using anyway haha. I just like saving up my tbt because I would rather spend it on collectibles for this site than on items, but it's not really that big of a deal to me, plus I don't usually buy many "rare" items so it seems like it would be just as easy to drop a couple of bell bags on the floor as sending like 5tbt? Then if I need more IGB I could always buy more later on; tbt goes a long way in terms of swapping for IGB ;)

I prefer selling my stuff for TBT because it's harder to get than IGB especially considering I sold my town and now have loads of IGB

I am very new to the forum and have only bought one time. That time I paid in TBT because it is what the seller requested. I don't really have a preference one way or the other at this point. I assume that I will in the future.

there are things that IGB can't get for people without amiibo cards (like me) so tbt is the way to go to getting cool sanrio items. otherwise, i use igb.

i like using tbt because i can convert it to igb if i need more bells in game. i just think tbt is more convenient because people are more likely to have, say, 5 tbt on them than 1 million igb (because 1 tbt = 200k igb) just lying around ready to be set out for a trader. also, if i'm buying a lot of stuff, and it amounts to something like 50 tbt, it takes a lot of time to transfer 10 million igb to someone else in game, whether it's by dropping it and letting them pick it up, or using the retail method (which takes multiple trips too and the igb don't come in until the next day). tbt for me! :)

Back