• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Isabelle IS - A - BELL?

auntymya

Seller
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I had absolutely no idea! I was watching a YouTube video and they showed her head next to a bag of bells and it's a perfect match! Don't you all just love and appreciate Isabelle?

I figured that out soon after launch because someone pointed it out to me, but keep an eye out for other puns (especially in villager names!) :)

i remember when I found that out

It's quite shocking isn't it? I always looked at her as another cute little puppy, but she sure is a money maker! I saw you replied on my other post, keep it coming! I love to hear from you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow... that is crazy

I know right?! Well Isabelle is definitely my little bell machine! She does so much work for the town and she really is the reason I have maintained perfect town status environmental and socially.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I figured that out soon after launch because someone pointed it out to me, but keep an eye out for other puns (especially in villager names!) :)

Oh my gosh yes! This game is FULL of puns, I absolutely love it. It really brightens up my day! Thanks for the reply!

Never thought about that... In spanish her name is CANela (cinnamon) but also can means dog, lol. And Digby is called CANdr?s xD

Never thought about that... In spanish her name is CANela (cinnamon) but also can means dog, lol. And Digby is called CANdr?s xD

What do they call the bells in the Spanish version? It seems so odd that they named her canela when they could have gone with Cascabel .. which means bell. And sort of has the word bell still on it.

Ooh I see now, that's super cool! To be honest I always thought she looked like a Shih Tzu! (along with Digby!)

tumblr_ntpbtlrNaw1qgddhho1_500.jpg

Ah puns...

Count on Animal crossing for puns everywhere you turn XD

Nana the Monkey, reference to Bananas
Fang the Wolf, reference to the fact wolves have fangs
Resetti, reference to the fact he always appears when you reset

*slow claps* Nintendo, amazing job XD

Maybe this adds to it, but a small bell sounds when she walks. It's not like a loud 'DONG' or something, but it's a little jingle. (ChuggaaConroy pointed it out in a video) and now sometimes I just walk around town with Isabelle xD

My guess is it is not intentional for Isabelle to have a name containing the phrase "bell". It makes for a fun discussion point, though.

Lol, I've never noticed this one before. There are so many puns in animal crossing like Tia, Reese and Cyrus (recycle) and even freaking Tom Nook being a play on Tanuki.

Back