• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

To Purchase or To NOT purchase? Help me out!

auntymya

Seller
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I personally have never played happy home designer, could all of you explain to me what the game is and your experience with it? I'm having trouble making a decision to purchase the game.

Rate: /10

in HHD, you design houses for villagers, interior and exterior. Eventually, you are allowed to decorate a School, a Cafe and other buildings. Is it fun? Yes! If you just love decorating houses in ACNL you'll love HHD. My only issue is how repetitive it can get. It's not a game you can play for a long time without getting bored. In the time I played it regularly, I usually decorated one house, and then left it for a few hours. However it's not real time like the main animal crossing games, so you don't have to worry about being on it all the time.

Rate: 6/10

in HHD, you design houses for villagers, interior and exterior. Eventually, you are allowed to decorate a School, a Cafe and other buildings. Is it fun? Yes! If you just love decorating houses in ACNL you'll love HHD. My only issue is how repetitive it can get. It's not a game you can play for a long time without getting bored. In the time I played it regularly, I usually decorated one house, and then left it for a few hours. However it's not real time like the main animal crossing games, so you don't have to worry about being on it all the time.

Rate: 6/10

Great! Thanks for the reply, I might just stick with new leaf for now.

If you go into the game knowing it's a spin-off and that it's completely different from the main series, you're going to enjoy it. I remember when the game first got announced, and a lot of people seemed to have a difficult time understanding that it was a spin-off title, and the people who didn't understand that seemed to enjoy it less.

It's honestly not a bad game at all, but it does get repetitive, and it's easy to get burned out. If you can get the game for a good price and can afford it, I say go for it, it's pretty mellow and enjoyable game.

I bought the game yesterday and in my opinion is very entertaining! ACNL is my first game so I don't know all the villagers and HDD is a new way to know them better. I'm not much into decoration but, wow I spent 4 hours decorating houses hahah~ So, yes, is a different game than ACNL for sure, but it's nice to see the same characters (like Isabelle) in differents scenarios.

I actually really enjoy the game - each house takes 15 minutes upwards, dependant on how long you wish to spend on said house, so its quite good for short play times (mind you, I usually spend an hour or 2 on each house, perfecting them.) its quite nice to play in the car or so

it all depends on how much you enjoy the interior decorating aspect of New Leaf. if you enjoy decorating your house, you will LOVE Happy Home Designer, because it gives you ultimate freedom over the design. it's also lots of fun if you like landscaping. I suggest going onto youtube and watching someone play the game, just to see how you like the mechanics. there's not a lot of fulfillment out of character interaction, because they'll usually only say one or two things to you.

personally i've spent hundreds of hours playing the game, and i'd give it at least a 9/10.

it's super fun, and i personally really enjoy playing the game! as others have said, it focuses mainly on the interior design and landscaping aspects of ac, so if you're somebody (like me, haha) who spends a lot of time perfecting the houses and pathways and greenery in their acnl town, you'll definitely enjoy it! if you go into the game expecting it to be like another installment of or sequel to ac/nl rather than a spin-off, you might find it a little lacking as it doesn't have very much in terms of character interaction and relationships, etc. so in order to enjoy it a bit more you have to take into account that it won't be like a fully-fleshed out sequel with a ton of things to amass and explore.

overall, it's great fun and a really good way to pass time (say if you're on a trip--i.e. in the car or on a plane--or just bored, for example) so i'd recommend it if decoration and design sounds like your kind of thing c:

I bought the game recently and at first I wasn't so interested in it. As I played more of it and unlocked new customisation options I began to really enjoy it! I spend a long time on it as well because I love to design the houses! It really is a great spin off and although it will never be as fulfilling as New Leaf, it is still very entertaining and a good buy :)

I was skeptical about getting the game too but I honestly found it really fun. The fact that you could design big facilities and villagers homes with the new placement tool really sounded fun to me. It gets boring after a while though but if I were you, i'd buy it on amazon for cheaper

Back