• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Animal Crossing App?

auntymya

Seller
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
How optimistic are you all feeling about the new animal crossing app? At first I was excited but after seeing what happened with super Mario run, I can't say I'm too hopeful. I don't know, it's just like every DS game that was a household Nintendo name is being brought to iOS and really ruins the story about the game.

Let me know your thoughts down below! I'm really interested in what others think about this revolutionary idea.

I thought I heard it could offer something to an existing game. Either way, I'm getting it.

I want to see
It get released but I think it's going to either be an online game where everyone has a town with villagers or like pokemon go

I am super excited about it and very hopeful that it will be a great addition to the Animal Crossing line-up. I can't wait to get some more details about the app. I'm hoping some information will be leaked soon.

Shameless self promotion, but a friend and I made a video on our gaming talk show discussing the AC app. Give it a listen if you're interested :)

Last edited:
Shameless self promotion, but a friend and I made a video on our gaming talk show discussing the AC app. Give it a listen if you're interested :)

I listened to your vid for a little bit and I gotta say, you made some good points. I think those of us that love Animal Crossing are without a doubt hopeful for the success of this app. I'm kinda reserved about it at the same time because I'm worried about the execution of it. I haven't followed it as closely as I could have, so I'm excited to hear about the possible game interactivity? Anyway, I'm excited and nervous - but that's kinda what it's like with anything new in life I guess right? :)

I listened to your vid for a little bit and I gotta say, you made some good points. I think those of us that love Animal Crossing are without a doubt hopeful for the success of this app. I'm kinda reserved about it at the same time because I'm worried about the execution of it. I haven't followed it as closely as I could have, so I'm excited to hear about the possible game interactivity? Anyway, I'm excited and nervous - but that's kinda what it's like with anything new in life I guess right? :)

Thanks much! You aren't missing much info - we don't have much of any concrete details on gameplay and interconnectivity, but I really hope Nintendo does implement something that connects AC mobile to ACNL or perhaps a new game for the switch.

Until we know more, all we can do is wait and hope it's good! :)

I'm a little worried for it... I kind of hope it doesn't end up being like PKMN GO or mario run, but you can't quite judge it if it's not here yet... I'm just iffy on mobile games in general. and considering that AC is one of my most beloved game series, I hope they don't ruin it ^ ^; I hope its interesting, or at the very least, keeps people playing.

I'd be very surprised if it was anything near an actual Animal Crossing game.

It's going to be a spin-off concept that is themed with Animal Crossing. Same as Pokemon Go, Super Mario Run, Kingdom Hearts ux, Reel Fishing and any other game that has been "ported" to mobile devices.

God forbid they make a system where you spend money to "roll" for villagers. New villagers added to the gamble pool each week, with one being rare. Villagers have stats, so your 3* Marshal would be awful compared to a 5* Marshal. That would be terrible.

This would not surprise me given they released amiibo cards with the same concept. Pay more money for random villagers until you get the ones you need.

Last edited:
Im pumped! I honestly don't care if it ends up not being good because I'll play it either way if it means that it's some new AC content (even if it's a side game or whatever)

Excited but more excited and hopeful for a Switch version in the future.

i'm excited to see how comprehensive it is compared to all other acnl games, and i'm definitely going to play it, but i'm also a little apprehensive because i JUST started playing acnl three months ago and i'm nowhere near completing my town- and to throw another town to do at me?? jajajajajajaj

still so excited though

I hate the idea of it. Cheap gimmicky phone apps and amazingly perfect video games don't mix. The controls would be so different, since cells phones don't have circle pads or arrow pads or the usual buttons for playing. Everything would have to be touch-screen based and it would be a bit hard and messy, considering how phones only have one screen (compared to the 2 on the 3ds), and the screens are already rather small. Movement would most likely have to be through taps and such, and it would be hard to see much of the screen through your hand. All in all, it just seems like a bad idea

Reviving a month old thread - sorry if that's not allowed, just didn't want to make a new thread about this when there's already one here!

I'm optimistic about this game. I've heard the developers are planning on announcing/releasing this game before the end of the year. From what I understand from interviews and such, it is the next full installment for the series. Nintendo have for a long time believed Animal Crossing will be one of their biggest titles to do well on mobile because of the portability and connectivity using a smart device brings. I think we can safely assume that not only will this be a full game with new features, there will be an abundance of online social attributes - and by marketing to a bigger audience, a far wider demographic to interact with - bringing with it more ways to share and play together.

Yes I expect there to be one or two micro transaction options, but I expect these things will be cosmetic and avoidable (e.g. new outfits, new hair styles etc.) But the integral parts of the game e.g. villagers, items etc will remain unlock able.

I also wonder if they plan to incorporate amiibo cards somehow - perhaps with an add-on device similar to the Pokemon GO plus.

As a few people in the thread have said already, maybe they plan to make this app interactive with another game for the 3DS or Switch?

There's lots of potential. Now all I have to do is decide what phone/tablet I'm going to upgrade to!

Last edited:
I'm not excited for the app because that just means longer to wait for the switch game :/

Eh, i don't know to be honest. It seems cool at first, but the games that nintendo have put on the mobile market are pretty dull, and I extremely doubt that an animal crossing game for a phone is going to be better than one for the 3ds.

I'm not excited for the app because that just means longer to wait for the switch game :/

Saaame. I want a new complete Animal Crossing game, not a half-baked port onto a piece of hardware far less compatible with the fundamental mechanics of the game. How could an app version NOT be a downgrade, even if it's decently done? I want an actual step up, please.

Back