• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Furniture Sets That Are Overrated?

I think that many sets appear to be overrated when they're used one dimensionally - that is, when nearly "everything" in one room is composed of that furniture, or all 11 pieces of that set.

I felt kind of guilty and dull from doing that for my home, particularly with Pave Set. So I mixed things up a bit by adding lots of plants and wall items. I also removed some items from the set from my room, and add more of other pieces I thought were more useful in the overall themes of my rooms.

That, to me, how room design should go: Sets are only a guide, not the means to the end. Keep moving things around, and add/remove to suit what you like about the furniture and theme. Not as many people do that extra part, so homes with these same sets all the time appear overrated.

Last edited:
The sets that I think are overrated are the Egg set, Card set, and Balloon set.
There is literally not one piece of furniture in any of those sets that I want. Ever.

Back