• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Furniture Sets That Are Overrated?

fell_and_forgot

Boring Emo Kid
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
What are some furniture sets that you think are overrated, and not as good as people seem to think they are?

I think the alpine and sloppy sets are a bit too popular and overrated, they're just kinda boring to me

Mermaid set. I used to really like it when I first started playing, but not so much anymore.

The mermaid set is overrated, but just because it's pastel colored so it fits with most of the towns I guess

Last edited:
I agree with the Mermaid set. I personally like the Alpine because you can refurbish it with patterns and change the entire look of it.

The sloppy and 7-11 sets are over rated in my opinion too.

Mermaid, Princess, Sweets (to some extent), Sanrio sets or anything pastel especially if like a whole set is in the room together. I see them in lots of dream towns. I mean, can they think of anything other than display them in every room? :p

I've seen the sloppy and 7/11 sets mentioned and I assumed people wanted them because they were rare and unorderable not because they actually liked them. The 7/11 set is too bright and gaudy an the sloppy set is what it is - a mess. I like things clean and tidy in life so I certainly don't need that stuff in my fake rooms.

Definitely the mermaid set and the 7/11 set. I got them both to see what all the hype was about and when I tried to use them they just didn't look or feel right so I just ended up selling them haha. Also the Gracie sets are super overrated, and it seems like 90% of the houses I've visited have the princess set in them and I'm super over it lol :) I also agree that the alpine and rococo are way overused too.

The Sanrio set usually from Chelsea, Marty and ?toile (maybe Chai's) are very overrated since the update.
even though I used it in Minty's house in my town Chocolat..

Also the Rococo set...when it's pink! (I had it pink once, but never again)
And the refurbished Kiddie set in that ugly pastel look.

Last edited:
mermaid, cabana and roccoco set.
princess, alpine and gracie set also

the card set. sloppy set and mushroom set are just ugly

the rest is acceptable to awesome

I agree that the mermaid set and all the Sanrio sets aren't actually that appealing, in my subjective opinion.

I tend to prefer sets that look realistic. I don't mind some of the popular sets like Alpine, Princess, or Roccoco, because they actually look like real furniture that someone might have. I'm less likely to use the more gimmicky furniture that's shaped like other items or garishly patterned. (Weird exceptions: the fruit furniture and the robo-furniture. I think these are carryovers from my Wild World days.)

The sloppy series, the 7-11 series, and all of the Sanrio series are overrated in my opinion; they just don't appeal to me at all.

I personally don't like the sloppy set but I guess I can understand why some people like it.

I used to love the mermaid set but then I stopped playing for a bit and when I got back to my town it was just so... loud? For a pastel set especially? I am happy sanrio sets are so popular because I will eventually get off my lazy bones and start selling them since I have the sanrio cards, but that's my greed speaking, mwahah

I don't like the sloppy set. I'm ok with the mermaid set but I wish there was an alternative pastel theme like it.

Some houses can pull off the pink rococo set/mermaid set but for houses that ONLY have that set in the room with no decoration what so ever.... that's when it becomes overrated to me.

Personally some of the Sanrio (HK, KAL, and MM) sets are starting to get overrated only because its all purple/pink/pastel/cutesy (don't get me wrong, cutesy is okay in moderation) but I wish there was a unique series that wasn't all kawaii but is still fashionable none the less.

I'm not entirely sure because I don't use the dream suite much and I don't have any friends that I play with who have well developed houses, but from what I've seen in the past, a lot of people seem to go with a pink interior (like the lovely series) or the ice/snowflake theme.

Back