My question on the bathroom laws

i mean when u start regulating people's personal lives like that it's kinda scary..? it's like, well if that's a thing what will be next lol. it's like how many countries have discussed banning hijabs in schools and at workplaces.

limiting people's right to exist in public is a slippery slope and it threathens democracy. i dont think it's weird if people feel scared or uncomfortable with laws like that
Why ban hijabs? There's nothing wrong with them....?

I think why people consider these laws so boycott worthy is because access to a bathroom is a basic human right? Like imagine being in a situation where you couldn't use a bathroom. Now you might be like "they can just use their biological bathroom" well not really, if you're a trans man for instance, very visibly a man, maybe even post-op and have all the male "equipment" and you can't use the men's restroom because that's not your biological bathroom, and so you try to go into the women's and the women kick you out for being a creep trying to use their bathroom. See the problem? Goes both ways too, but men would perhaps be a bit too receptive to a feminine person using their restroom, if receptive at all. So that person is forced to hold in everything until they get home or whatever because they don't have access to this thing that they inherently need to survive, ya know, cause everyone needs a bathroom to use. I feel like there need to just be more "open" bathrooms. And honestly the only problem with that is they'd have to make it so peeping wasn't possible, by making fully walled stalls instead of the awkward stalls they have these days. But most businesses don't feel like making that happen, so it's really really crappy.

Thanks for answering the main question. That's all I needed to know.

Why ban hijabs? There's nothing wrong with them....?

i think it kinda started w banning burqas and niqabs bc they cover so much of the face n whatever. and then ppl kinda took it friom there bc they hate islam. there are a lot of things that are said to support the ban of hijabs (sexism, religious propaganda and whatever) but i think the "real" reason ppl support it is because they dont like islam and muslims. there are a lot of problems with things but there are other solutions to them, banning hijabs isn't a solution. it's restricting mulim women's right to exist in public as the people they are :/

idk if this is too iff topic but hhhh i think it's a bit related

I have other things to point out.

When the government of one state or a country passes a law, there's always going to be rebels. The more strict the law is and/or the harsher the consequences are, the more rebels there will be. And we all know that rebellion is different to defiance because rebels break the law mainly to show their opposition to the law. So if transgender people are forced to use bathrooms of their biological sex, people of both genders will use the opposite restroom as a protest. I understand that they are doing this to keep peeping toms and pedophiles out, but by doing this, they're also keeping transgender people out. Also, criminals are still going to break the law no matter what.

When the government of one state or a country passes a law, there's always going to be rebels. The more strict the law is and/or the harsher the consequences are, the more rebels there will be. And we all know that rebellion is different to defiance because rebels break the law mainly to show their opposition to the law. So if transgender people are forced to use bathrooms of their biological sex, people of both genders will use the opposite restroom as a protest. I understand that they are doing this to keep peeping toms and pedophiles out, but by doing this, they're also keeping transgender people out. Also, criminals are still going to break the law no matter what.
*sighs* and there's nothing we can really do about it.....

Exactly. That's why gender neutral bathrooms are really the only way to solve anything, people will intentionally exploit the laws anyways. Creeps/*******s will see a trans female using the female restroom and think "well if that dude can do it!" And sure there will be people doing it in a supportive manner if the laws did pass disallowing them from using the proper bathroom. But honestly unless they have some guard at the front of the bathroom checking ID's for your gender or something there isn't much anybody can do about it unless some jerk reports you for it? But honestly just let people use the restroom they're comfortable using?

i just wanna pee

I was reading about the bathroom bill going on in Texas. It turns out Joe Straus is our friend. He is a Republican that opposes the bathroom bill no matter what (even though he is more concerned about the economy). But Dan Patrick, he's not a nice guy. He supports the bill, even if it were a lot stricter. I may be far right on the social issues (especially political correctness), but not on the LGBT issues.

Another thing I was reading about is the issues in the recent special session. The bathroom bill is one of them, which I oppose. Another law they want to pass is a regulation that can confiscate medical licenses from doctors that perform abortions unless if the reason was an emergency reason, which the law is violating the Supreme Court case Roe v Wade. Now that I am in support of. I also saw something about retired teachers' benefits or something. I'm kinda neutral on education issues like that.

Back