• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Amiibo Card Question

Taka

Eevee Devotee
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
October Birthstone (Opal)
I read somewhere when Welcome Amiibo was new that when reading villager Amiibo Cards, they had the chance of handing out special villager themed items if you asked them to give you something, but that it was only for select villagers that they had created items for. I can't seem to relocate the article or find anyone else who even mentions the item receiving function though, so I'm questioning the truth of the statement. However, the idea of villager items is kind of exciting, so I was hoping someone might know whether it is true?

Or at the very least, let's investigate together! I'm going to try receiving items from some of my cards for a while and see if I come up with anything!

Last edited:
I am on a similar quest! Here is my data so far:

Scanned Curt the Bear: received a tumbleweed. I know he's not Welcome Amiibo. I'll scan some of those and report back!

I'm pretty sure that's random furniture.

I scanned Whitney and received a Checkout Counter, but I reloaded the game and received a Makeup Case. I wanted to keep it though so that's all my findings today, haha.

I'll probably try one of my other cards tomorrow.

I've done this from the Welcome Amiibo cards and I'm wondering if it just means they'll give you some of the items from their RVs? Whenever I use my WA cards I buy things from the RVs and then on days when I just want the MEOW coupons I ask for an item from the villager and they'll either give me some random regular item or an item from their RV. For example, when I scan Ketchup's card sometimes she'll give me an unorderable item from her RV such as firewood, pizza, etc., or when I scan in Jacob he'll give me either a random item or the trash bags or something else specific to his RV. So idk if it means something aside from items that are specific to villagers' RVs or if it just means you'll get a random unorderable item? That's all I've ever gotten anyway haha. Hope this helped a little lol :)

Back