• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon I have personal issues about liking a Pokemon that is not loved by everyone

Pansear-and-Nana

✣✾Stupid Monkey✾✣
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Rose
It makes me feel good, but when I see people bash over it, I get hurt?
I am addicted to this pokemon in a way that strengthens me, and yet, seeing people point to how measly it is, makes me feel like a big joke.

And there you see Bidoof, another joke pokemon, but people use it as a meme and praises it as positive?

I don't understand.

In my case, liking Pansear is similar to liking something that not everyone agrees with. It's like being pushed on what to like other than it.
I've been bullied about liking this pokemon in real life as well, and it makes me feel uncomfortable when I think about it.

Everyone's for Pikachu, but...why am I up for Pansear?

They say that you should listen to only you, what you like, not what others like. But liking Pansear just feels wrong.
You're reading a schizophrenic person's words here, and mind you that I am young and sensitive.

What do I do? Should I get help?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with liking Pansear, or any Pokemon in general. Everyone has their own preference and their own likes and dislikes. Don't feel like you should get help because people don't agree with what you like, because you like what you like. Just remember that if Pansear makes you feels good, then there's nothing more you can do, and there shouldn't be more you could do. I'm sure others like certain Pokemon that get bashed a lot, and they don't care. Pansear is a Pokemon that just isn't as recognized, which is why people question why it would be your favorite Pokemon. I personally think that Pansear looks adorable, and there isn't anything wrong with. And if anything, liking a Pokemon like him as your favorite only makes you more unique, so embrace it :)

pansear is a really cute pokemon. and its unusual to even hear of people preferring pikachu over pansear since i always hear alot of people say that pikachu is overrated because its the mascot. and its actually nice to hear about people's favourite pokemon that isnt a popular mainstream like mewtwo or charizard. and im pretty sure when most people praise bidoof, they mean it sarcastically, its a meme so i think its safe to say you dont have to take it seriously.

no you shouldn't feel bad for favoring a non popular/mainstream pokemon. anyone who says otherwise is just another sheep.
plus im pretty sure since its pokemon, no matter what pokemon you like (unless its charizard, mewtwo, greninja, lucario, or any other popular pokemon) there is always going to be some elitist who thinks pokemon is like a hierarchy of superior pieces and say that their favorite is better than yours. i wouldnt take them seriously, since they tend to forget pokemon is a game.

Pansear is cute albeit pretty forgettable I think. Simisear pretty viable in competitive within it's respective tier.

Anyway I doubt anyone is going to judge you for using pansear, and if other people bash ur fav then it's whatever. You do you.

It's okay if you think Pansear is hot he is a fire Pok?mon after all

Last edited:
It's okay if you think Pansear is hot he is a fire Pok?mon after all

You're the best person in the world.

Anyways, people should actually appreciate the world of Pok?mon. It's a smart game with diverse creatures. It has it's unique style and I just love the way it is set up. I don't play that much Pok?mon since Animal Crossing has taken over my life (I'm over-exaggerating btw), but I find it a cool game that I'd love to see. I harshly do not support Memes and all that other junk that misleads and demotes everything. Pansear is great, too. :lemon:

Last edited:
Here are my thoughts. Pansage is the cutest and Pansear is very cute too, but Panpour is easily the worst in design and so is its evolution, Simipour. I dislike that their colors are swapped...

Pikachu is so overrated it makes one sick to their stomach, but having Pansear as one of your favorites is a breath of fresh air if you ask me:blush:

I think it is dumb that some people would make fun of you just because you like Pansear. I have been made fun of for liking Pok?mon too, but I try to ignore them. Most of my friends play Pok?mon, so I hang out with them instead and leave the bullies alone.

I think Pansear is pretty cool because it is part of that gym with three different type trainers. I thought that was a cool way to add a challenge to the beginning of the game. I also remember nicknaming one Saucepan because it was red. lol

Yeah honestly, I know there's a bunch of people out there who say they like Pok?mon but only know pikachu, but there's probably just as many who know all the Pok?mon and have their own favorites.

I myself like Serperior, even though it's not that good competitively...

Don't let anyone hurt you with their words!

Like the Pok?mon that you want to like! Nobody who is awesome will judge you. With as many as there are, not everyone will be crazy over the same ones! You be you!

A lot of my favorite Pokemon are cute but not useful in battles. I don't really care about that since I don't do competitive battles.
I think Pansage, Panpour, and Pansear are cute!
Also, I liked Bidoof since before it was a meme. It kinda bugs me that I can't find anyone that likes it for normal reasons.

I also believe that every Pokemon has both people that love it and people who hate it. Yes, not everyone likes Pikachu.

The monkeys tend to get a lot of unwarrented hate from what I've seen and I mean sure they're not the best in battle but that's no reason to completely trash them. What's the point of having so many pokemon if there's not any variety in what people like? Pansear is adorable don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I freaking LOVE pansear! Don't you dare let anyone make you think that your opinion is wrong.
I actually used bidoof and its evolutions in diamond and it was fine. Bidoof is actually cute in my opinion, although it's possibly nostalgia. And what's up with bidoof being a HM slave, that just makes it better and more useful.
I mean, not really in competitive online battles but who actually cares? Just because a pok?mon that isn't good in competitive, eg. unown, it doesn't mean it's a bad pok?mon.

- - - Post Merge - - -

A lot of my favorite Pokemon are cute but not useful in battles. I don't really care about that since I don't do competitive battles.
Also, I liked Bidoof since before it was a meme. It kinda bugs me that I can't find anyone that likes it for normal reasons.

I also believe that every Pokemon has both people that love it and people who hate it. Yes, not everyone likes Pikachu.
1) They are adorable.
2) I like Bidoof
3) True and I'm not too fond of Pikachu myself.

I don't really think people have anything personal against you, so you shouldn't feel hurt about it. People are allowed to have their personal preferences, especially when there are hundreds of pokemon out there.

In pokemon xy , I liked quagsire because of its strong defenses and ability to pair the move swagger with unaware. The fact that it was so uncommon made it able to catch people off guard in a meta where speed boost blazikens where extremely popular. Popular doesn't always mean good.

Last edited:

I love bidoof! Especially because of Explorers of the sky. The bidoof in that is so pure I love it

Well, hey, there's nothing wrong with liking what you like. Pansear's pretty neat, and a lot of unpopular/obsolete/unnoticed pokemon tend to be the better ones (gastrodon). And hey, they'll always be at least one person who likes it along with you

What I don't understand is why people would "bash" on a less popular pokemon because they think their favorite is better than yours. Maybe statistically it is a lot better but they are just numbers pasted onto the pokemon's back. Its your opinions that truly make the pokemon shine.

I like to look at fanart of the less popular ones (unless they are deliberately trying to degrade it), it gives me a much higher opinion on their otherwise questionable design.

Heh heh, there should be a thread on which unpopular pokemon is your personal fave and why.

Edit: oh wait, there already is one :blush:

Last edited:
Yeah honestly, I know there's a bunch of people out there who say they like Pok?mon but only know pikachu, but there's probably just as many who know all the Pok?mon and have their own favorites.

I myself like Serperior, even though it's not that good competitively...

Don't let anyone hurt you with their words!

but

Contrary Serperior.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I like Bidoof; it's a great HM slave. He saved Pearl for me.

I have the opposite issue. Everyone loves Charizard, but I'm sitting in the corner choosing Venusaur. Mewtwo.... but I love Meloetta :(. GRENINJA? (Tbh I like Greninja, but I prefer Delphox). And then Decidueye. Has anyone heard of Primarina?
Yeah I have serious issues. Edit: I do like Charizard, Mewtwo, Decidueye etc. Edit 2.0 I like Pansear, Panpour and Pansage, but. the only evo I like is Simisage. So much editing :/

Last edited:
Back