• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Can a 10th villager move out!??

ikeafanboy

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡&
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5898-8035-9297
White Cosmos
Tasty Cake
Canberra has moved into a bad spot as my 10th villager from the void. I have time travelled 2 months into the game to get them to move out but I have no luck. Can they ever ping me to leave? My other 9 villagers are my dreamies so I don't want to let them go...

Thank you

Last edited:
if it is a random villager, yes. if it is an amiibo villager, yes but it takes forever to move them out and for good reason.

if it is a random villager, yes. if it is an amiibo villager, yes but it takes forever to move them out and for good reason.

It's never taken me this long to move them out so I'm really worried... they were from the void

I'm very close to giving up... she won't leave no matter what I do.

A newly moved villager is hard to move out early. Since it's a void villager, it won't take too long.

A newly moved villager is hard to move out early. Since it's a void villager, it won't take too long.

I time travelled three months in game. I made sure to talk to them 3 times every 2 days but they never ping me asking to leave...

- - - Post Merge - - -

It is always one of my dreamies and I'm stressed out because I might miss one of them trying to leave

Yes - it can happen.

Anicotti was a StreetPass surprise. She did eventually ping to move away - all my other 9 villagers at the time were Dreamies.

It can happen - it has happened to me several times over the years.
It can happen!

In Anicotti's case I befriended her. I talked to her and gave her customized furniture.
Good luck! Please keep us posted. I am cheering for you!

Yes - it can happen.

Anicotti was a StreetPass surprise. She did eventually ping to move away - all my other 9 villagers at the time were Dreamies.

It can happen - it has happened to me several times over the years.
It can happen!

In Anicotti's case I befriended her. I talked to her and gave her customized furniture.
Good luck! Please keep us posted. I am cheering for you!

I can only hope :( I was supposed to get my 10th dreamie tomorrow and this ruins everything! I've been trying to make her leave for two hours now and time travelled 3 months,..

I've tried travelling long periods of times on my cycling town to see if anyone leaves. I never had any luck doing that. But TTing day by day, I've had many villagers move out that way. While this is more tedious, I suggest TTing day by day and trying to get those pings instead. It's a lot safer especially if you have a town full of dreamies.

I've tried travelling long periods of times on my cycling town to see if anyone leaves. I never had any luck doing that. But TTing day by day, I've had many villagers move out that way. While this is more tedious, I suggest TTing day by day and trying to get those pings instead. It's a lot safer especially if you have a town full of dreamies.

I get so many pings TTing 2 days so it doesn't matter. The issue is that the 10th villager isn't the one that's giving the pings :(

I get so many pings TTing 2 days so it doesn't matter. The issue is that the 10th villager isn't the one that's giving the pings :(

Don't give up hope!!! Eventually they all ping. I had that happen to me once too where I got a voided 10th villager. Just keeping TTing! I feel like the game knows when you want someone out and doesn't do that lmao ; v;

Did you introduce yourself to them?
If not, that's the problem. You need to introduce yourself in order to turn their moving points on.

Last edited:
Did you introduce yourself to them?
If not, that's the problem. You need to introduce yourself in order to turn their moving points on.

OMG I didn't :( I was in a rush to get them out... so this means they can't ever leave??

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean I didn't introduce myself to them when they moved in but I speak to them a lot

Their moving point is on. Just keep trying. I didn't introduce myself to Curt when he first moved in, but he still moved out.

Every villager has a need factor. Whenever I want to tt and move villagers out, I would talk mostly to the villagers I want to keep. I don't talk to the ones I don't want to keep.

Their moving point is on. Just keep trying. I didn't introduce myself to Curt when he first moved in, but he still moved out.

Every villager has a need factor. Whenever I want to tt and move villagers out, I would talk mostly to the villagers I want to keep. I don't talk to the ones I don't want to keep.

Thank you <3 I might have to wait a long while before they leave but I'll do my best

Update: After 4 hours of trying to give Canberra the boot, I am delighted to announce that I have given up. I will replace Cookie with Ruby because I love her space theme and her Japanese name is Luna which is perfect for my Harry Potter themed town because one of my residents is Luna Lovegood. I'll also replace Filbert because his house is very similar to Ruby's with Walker because he also fits the theme. I wanted to replace Cookie with another dog as well. He fits the theme because Luna Lovegood was apparently suffering from sleepwalking, which Walker is themed by :) I will miss them though. They were both in my first five villagers when I built Milan. :(

Back