• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your least favourite pwp and why?

Probably the signs I do not need signs in my town they r just sooo unnecessary and the drilling piece of trash that looks too much like a construction zone blahhh gross idk what is grosser

I'd say the drilling rig, but I need it for one of the dream towns I'm working on, so...

The Sphinx, Stonehenge, and Tokyo Tower, because they feel so out of place. They're distinct landmarks. (The Moai statue is fine to me; go figure. Oh, and the pyramid sticks out like a sore thumb.) For some reason, I can overlook the fact that every town has an Isabelle in its town hall, yet it's jarring to see the third town in a row that has Stonehenge. :p

When it's all said and done, half of the pwps are just props. They're just there for looks and serve no purpose further than that. Which can be kind of annoying when you think something like the jungle gym pwp would be able to be climbed. Or had something going for it rather than just being spun like a baby spinning top. Or the fire hydrant. That doesn't even do anything at all. At least the jungle gym did something if you interacted with it. Is it a personal bathroom for dog villagers, when no one is looking?

Most of the pwps still serve a purpose and look good on their own, whether they do something via interaction or not. But I never understood the point of the sandbox. It doesn't even look like a sandbox. It just looks like a flat qr tile code of gray clay/dirt. If it actually looked like a sandbox, with some toys in it, and a wooded frame, it'd be different.

But nope, let's just be lazy and make it completely flat. You don't even need to have the sandbox if you're making a kid park section. Just use some random sand qr tile and it's just about the same thing. It'll probably look better to boot.

Archway sculpture, drilling rig and signs (ex. caution sign..). They make certain towns look super ugly

Back