• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Finding The Welcome Amiibo Series

totakek

aesthe&#
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mailbox
Is the Welcome Amiibo series of the amiibo cards hard to find everywhere? Because Series 1-4 seem to be easy enough to find in plenty of places here in the UK, yet it's near impossible for me to find the Welcome Amiibo ones sold anywhere. Nintendo has them on their website but they're out of stock all the time ((because Ninty and having a good online store supply of their products do not go together lol)) and the only other ones I've found were 2 ebay listings for a complete opened set for like ?160 and a store display box full of unopened packs for like ?100 when you factor in the shipping since it was being sold from Australia. I can't even find them in stock in IRL places like GAME.

I'm not even actively collecting them yet since I'm still on Series 1, but I thought it'd be interesting to see if folks over in Burgerland and other places are having as much difficulty finding them as well.

"Burgerland"? Oh, you mean America. Lol. Yes, they're just as hard to find here. The problem is there's not enough supply to meet the demand. Nintendo seriously needs to work on that. Having AC:NL fans paying outrageous prices to buy the cards from other people because there aren't enough to go around isn't a good business strategy.

omg lmao burgerland i legit thought oh i guess that's a country .... i need to study more.

I found all of my welcome amiibo cards on ebay & i think my collection is pretty close to complete!
although when I bought them all about a month ago there was a lot more & now it seems not as much are on ebay :c

i found this listing -> x

it ships worldwide & has a lot of cards to choose from. prices obviously vary like i've bought some of my cards for around $3 and even with free shipping & sometimes i'll see the same card being sold around $12

- - - Post Merge - - -

also i wish I didn't go on ebay to look at W.A cards :s now i want to buy some

I live in America and I got my cards on the release date but I've seen plenty of extra packs since then in stores like Target and Gamestop. Hope you find some eventually! :)

As allainah just said, ebay has some varying prices for amiibo cards. I managed to get most of my favorites, but prices skyrocketed after the game's update. For example, I bought Diana for $5 but spent $15 on June (shameful, I know).

As allainah just said, ebay has some varying prices for amiibo cards. I managed to get most of my favorites, but prices skyrocketed after the game's update. For example, I bought Diana for $5 but spent $15 on June (shameful, I know).

June's really cute tho so many well spent ^^
also June and some others i cant think of i've NEVER seen go for cheap. I bought snootys card for $12 i think? and the other day I saw her being sold for $3 :c i was P.O'd

I know by me none are available online. Haven't checked in store recently because I completed the set pretty quickly after they came out. I do have extras tho if you trade :)

I feel like welcome amiibo cards don't even exist in Canada :( I've checked everywhere, the only place for me to possibly get them is ebay.

Last edited:
I have never seen any Welcome Amiibo cards since Christmas.

I found my cards at Target here in the USA.

If anyone has actually purchased cards in 2017 in an actual physical retail location I would love to know where!

I think it was very dumb of Nintendo to make these things limited time only. I still don't have all of them -sigh-.

(I'm also still missing alot from the 1-4 series..)

Yup,nobody seems to have these.On Target's website it says that they're "no longer sold here".I also checked Walmart,Gamestop,Best Buy and Fry's Electronics.Again,no dice but if you happen to live in the Houston,Texas area the Fry's Electronics there has them listed as "available".I pre-ordered some from Best Buy last November and the Fry's Electronics near me(in Phoenix,Az)had a bunch of them at the time.This is typical Nintendo..they never have enough product to satisfy the demand.By the way,if anybody wants the new 2DS XL,better pre-order now.

I've read random posts throughout the internet that WA cards were discontinued so if that's the case they won't get any easier to find.

Back