Help me decorate my tea-room themed home?

Yuppu

(ง •̀ω•́)ง✧
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
1666-8978-2089
I am currently decorating my home as if it were a tea-room/restaurant, I have more or less worked out my front room (which would be like a "hall" of sorts), my basement (which is the professional kitchen) and the back room (which is where I "live")
I have the idea of making the second floor a fancy tea room with princess/regal furniture so that one is sorted at least in theory, but I have troubles finding the right table/chair combination for the other two rooms. I tried metal-and-wood chair and table but they just seem wrong with the homely atmosphere I'm trying to create.

Any suggestions? (I'll try to upload photos of my completed rooms as soon as possible)

Maybe parts of the Alpine set in dark brown(Large alpine table, chairs, kitchen cart, shelf) and Classic set in chocolate(table, bookcase, clock, wall shelf), as well as the afternoon-tea-set, tea set, and dessert case.

The other room could maybe be a Japanese tea room with items from the Zen set, zen low table, cushions, zen tea set, and some bonsai.

I am currently decorating my home as if it were a tea-room/restaurant, I have more or less worked out my front room (which would be like a "hall" of sorts), my basement (which is the professional kitchen) and the back room (which is where I "live")
I have the idea of making the second floor a fancy tea room with princess/regal furniture so that one is sorted at least in theory, but I have troubles finding the right table/chair combination for the other two rooms. I tried metal-and-wood chair and table but they just seem wrong with the homely atmosphere I'm trying to create.

Any suggestions? (I'll try to upload photos of my completed rooms as soon as possible)

I'd try using the tea table and large tea table too together with the others recommended, I think a few of the classic sets might also fit in the room? The zen set also has a few tea items and there are a lot of new tea pots and other food/drink items from the amiibo update so you're in luck with that!!

Good luck! <3

Mines isn't the best example (furniture I mean)

65324c02-1b02-4994-99b9-92f49ce01d04.jpg

This is an old picture, the room looks the same. But I removed/added some things.

Last edited:
Wow you guys have given me a lot of nice ideas! I'll try to work out some solutions to see how they look and I'll post the results!

@AccfSally wow, that is a serious tea room! I really like what you did there, I may end up stealing something from it lol

I finally completed my caf?/tea house/restaurant so I'll give you guys a little tour!

Welcome to the Caf?!
4p1Aq5y.png

Will you spend your stay at the high tea room, upstairs?
P6zOSiB.png

Or stay in the boh?mien hall to enjoy live music?
mxvvuGj.png

mEtj5BI.png

Or will you enjoy a good hot meal in the green room?
a9LWFMj.png

You can count on our staff to quickly make you a speedy meal with some gentle encouragement!
gTrJq09.png

And when the night draws to an end, your trusty maid will retire to her quarters to straighten things up a bit and catch some z's!
NxAL5rj.png

ciX8Gso.png

sdY4Iv2.png

YsqKUcF.png

Back