• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Marshal or Hans?

Which One?

• Hans

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • Marshal

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Blue Hybrid Violet
Pink Hybrid Lily
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Purple Violet
Yellow Lily
Red Rose
Yellow Tulip
White Pansy
Red Pansy
Before you vote, please read this. I know everyone prefers Marshal's looks but i'm not asking that.

So in my town of Magnolia I wanted to do villagers of different species and heights. Marshal fit my personality, species, and size quota because I needed a small smug. However I am not fond of him. His design is cute and he isnt bad at all I just.. dont like him? Maybe it's because of his popularity. Hans however I absolutely LOVE his design and connect with him more so than Marshal. But Hans is a gorrila and would mess up my size quota. Should I just throw that out the window and get Hans because I want him or keep an even balanced town with Marshal?

Maybe you could get Hans and let someone else move out to keep it balanced? I don't know, if it's too troublesome then ignore this :)

Does it have to be one of them? If you're looking for small smugs, there's other options, like Rodney, Chadder, Henry...
Between the two of them, I'd personally go for Marshal since Hans looks kinda scary to me (XD), but if you like and connect better with Hans, there's no doubt, go for him! If the size thing is really important you can always swap up someone else, like Fuzzle suggested. :)

It's probably pretty obvious who I'd pick, but it makes no sense to have a villager you don't enjoy in your town. If Hans would make you happier, pick him.

Last edited:
Does it have to be one of them? If you're looking for small smugs, there's other options, like Rodney, Chadder, Henry...
Between the two of them, I'd personally go for Marshal since Hans looks kinda scary to me (XD), but if you like and connect better with Hans, there's no doubt, go for him! If the size thing is really important you can always swap up someone else, like Fuzzle suggested. :)

I was thinking about Rodney too actually however I dont know if i'd really connect with him in the game ya know?

CXQmQ3c.jpg
Yeah,I'd just get Hans.I have Marshal too and I like him but can he put both of his fists in his mouth like Hans can?They're both smugs after all and your town would be that much more unique because there aren't nearly as many towns with Hans as there are with Marshal.

IK I'll probably get hate for this, but I've never understood Marshal's runaway popularity myself. He seems pretty average to me, but the community's obsession with him has turned him off to me. :p

But that's just my opinion. Whichever villager makes you happier, that's the one you should stick with. I'd echo the "there's other smaller smugs" sentiment - I have Chadder in my village and love him a lot.

View attachment 203848
Yeah,I'd just get Hans.I have Marshal too and I like him but can he put both of his fists in his mouth like Hans can?They're both smugs after all and your town would be that much more unique because there aren't nearly as many towns with Hans as there are with Marshal.

Aaaaaaand you just completely sold me on Hans, who can resist talent like that?. Hans, you a freak.

I voted for Hans. He's a lovely villager, I had him for a long time in one of my past towns and I really
liked him. Never liked Marshal, he's one of those villager you see in almost every town, while Hans his
one of those villager who hardly get love and who's also underrated if you ask me. But that's just my
opinion.

Personally Hans freaks me out a bit haha, I had him in my town and I didn't care for him at all. I voted for Marshal but you should just go with whichever you like more. :)

Aaaaaaand you just completely sold me on Hans, who can resist talent like that?. Hans, you a freak.

Well now thanks to Nunnafinga Hans is the obvious choice!

But if you want smugs based on size I think Rodney would be an under appreciated villager worth a try!

I voted for Hans, I know I have Marshal.. twice (one randomly moved into my spare town).
But I can name a least 200+ towns that have Marshal (including my two), Marshal is everywhere.. while poor Hans is hardly in no town.

Back