• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Help with Paint Tool Sai error?

Katie1313

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
6113-3549-6414
White Pansy
Father's Day Carnation
Cherry (Fruit)
Mother's Day Carnation
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
I keep getting an error about access violation... It was working fine, until all of a sudden I got that error for no reason... I didn't do anything different, so I don't understand why I'm getting it? I have a ton of space on my laptop, so I know it's not a space issue. I've removed as many tasks as possible, keeping only the internet browser I'm using, and the programs that keep the laptop running. I've tried closing the software and opening, but to no avail. I also can't change the minimum size of the tools anymore. Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks!

A few suggestions
>save the file in a different directory
>open sai as administrator
>if disk usage is at 100 or close to it, reduce it by resetting virtual memory or disabling superfetch (google if you don't know) I had that with my computer even though only SAI and the browser was running
>if the file is open elsewhere or being uploaded, close it or wait until it is uploaded
>perhaps the file is too big so go to your settings and max the usage/increase the size *I'm not working with SAI atm bc my main computer is no longer functioning so I can't explain it step by step but;;;; take a look at your SAI settings!
Usually one of these fixes it for me and I don't see the error anymore

A few suggestions
>save the file in a different directory
>open sai as administrator
>if disk usage is at 100 or close to it, reduce it by resetting virtual memory or disabling superfetch (google if you don't know) I had that with my computer even though only SAI and the browser was running
>if the file is open elsewhere or being uploaded, close it or wait until it is uploaded
>perhaps the file is too big so go to your settings and max the usage/increase the size *I'm not working with SAI atm bc my main computer is no longer functioning so I can't explain it step by step but;;;; take a look at your SAI settings!
Usually one of these fixes it for me and I don't see the error anymore

Tried saving it in a different directory, opened it as administrator, disk space is nowhere near that high, file isn't open anywhere else, and I couldn't figure out the file size thing. I even tried running it in Windows XP, but to no avail :/ Thank you for trying anyway! I'll try restarting my laptop and see if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
Restarting the laptop didn't help. It seems the error starts when I use the pen tool. Usually it started when I made a dot with it, but sometimes it happens for no reason. After the error pops up, it enlarges all the other tools, making all the previous lines huge, and thus ruining the drawing.

Back