Mafia TBT Mafia Queue Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever played mafia before

Bruh bowie hosted a game, hosting isnt even that hard. Just copy karlas skeleton format for mafia. ez.

You can literally just have a sentence long for role pms and it would be fine.

Last edited:
Bruh bowie hosted a game, hosting isnt even that hard. Just copy karlas skeleton format for mafia. ez.

I would have to disagree; hosting requires a lot more knowledge than playing does, in that you pretty much need to understand every possible mechanic, and every possible scenario that can occur with such mechanics to make your game as balanced as possible. If you don't know your setup like the back of your hand, you're probably going to have a hard time with it by the time you actually host it.

Hosting arguably requires more game knowledge than playing, and I'm sure many others would agree with me in that regard.

Not trying to be insulting but didn't Bowie's first game go horribly

If you have no experience in playing then it'd be difficult predicting scenarios on how the setup works

I would have to disagree; hosting requires a lot more knowledge than playing does, in that you pretty much need to understand every possible mechanic, and every possible scenario that can occur with such mechanics to make your game as balanced as possible. If you don't know your setup like the back of your hand, you're probably going to have a hard time with it by the time you actually host it.

Hosting arguably requires more game knowledge than playing, and I'm sure many others would agree with me in that regard.

It's not that hard to have a simple setup.. If you add crazy roles yeah, but if you just have a cop, a doc, a vig and normal mafia like on epicmafia its not difficult.

You need a schedule and to make sure things dont get in the way like emergencies. If you're not consistent with time then yes. But unless you're a total idiot and dont understand the basics of the game (that is so easily understandable given youre not 12, a quick game on town of salem or epicmafia should explain it.)

You dont need to be good at mafia to host a simple game. Just follow karlas guide and dont be 12. The only hard part would be calculating KP and maintaing balance but again, using a premade format or skeleton is easy. All you would have to do is take a format and randomize the names and assign roles.

I guess new hosts always mess up by mass sending the townie role pm to everyone though...

A lot of the work for games goes into crazy games like Nick's or when i do experimental. Or if they host large games. And custom role pms for everyone (like Tina's games)

You don't need forum mafia experience to host if you played a round of epicmafia before. You're not the one analyzing anything. You just need to correctly set the game up and post deadlines on time. And have an understanding of the forum mechanics itself...

Last edited:
I mean, first game that I hosted had a relatively balanced set-up, but I wasn't exactly a favorable host or anything. I was really immature back around that time in general and it deflected onto my game when I shouldn't have done anything about it.

Maybe it's less about that it was a first time host back then but more immature

Honestly though can we talk about how unfair this is.

Why can someone give their spot in the queue to someone they choose and then proceed to take up a completely different slot? I feel like the opportunity should have been available to everyone :v

Why can someone give their spot in the queue to someone they choose and then proceed to take up a completely different slot? I feel like the opportunity should have been available to everyone :v

I gave my spot up because Toads and Panda were before me in the original queue, and I figured it would be a nice gesture. If you want, I can go ahead and give you my current spot since I'm not really motivated to host.

I'm not saying you should give up your slot or anything. It seems like a kind of sketchy precedent to set in that certain people are favored in getting hosting slots from other players if they don't wish to host. It should be open to everyone, and it should just act as if the slot were at the end of the line. Letting someone take another player's exact hosting slot effectively snubs everyone else in the queue in that they're getting screwed by having to wait longer than the guy who got put in the queue after them.

I'm not saying you should give up your slot or anything. It seems like a kind of sketchy precedent to set in that certain people are favored in getting hosting slots from other players if they don't wish to host. It should be open to everyone, and it should just act as if the slot were at the end of the line. Letting someone take another player's exact hosting slot effectively snubs everyone else in the queue in that they're getting screwed by having to wait longer than the guy who got put in the queue after them.

give this person a badge for being the nicest person in this dungeon ive ever seen

The final slot on the main mafia list was open for anyone. There was a window of several hours between me announcing it was open and Ness actually claiming it. Anyone could have gotten it.

Ness has already explained the unique situation surrounding him giving up his original place. Honestly to me it just seemed like karma that he did something kind like that just before the fifth spot became free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back