• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

GASP! An Amiibo villager actually pinged to move!

HopeForHyrule

Bunny Fanatic
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2496-6703-5894
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
I know people have said it's possible, but rare, and today...Epona pinged to move! I swear, I never thought it would happen...

So here it is: photographic evidence of an Amiibo-invited villager wanting to move. IMG_20170718_150301.jpg

**EDIT** Oh, and I have a mix of natural move-in and figure/card-invited villagers.

Last edited:
That's awesome! Thanks for sharing! I haven't personally had any amiibos wanna move so it's nice to see that it IS possible!

Can i ask... Do you TT? Is jut for clear a theory i have.

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing! I haven't personally had any amiibos wanna move so it's nice to see that it IS possible!

This is the first time for me. Before this, it was only the villagers who moved in from someone else's town or natural move-in. So it's been quite awhile, but it IS possible.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can i ask... Do you TT? Is jut for clear a theory i have.

No, I don't TT.

How long did it take for them to move out? I totally thought it was straight up impossible!

How long did it take for them to move out? I totally thought it was straight up impossible!

It takes forever, I'm not gonna lie. I've had this town since mid-November last year, so my Amiibo villagers have been there since... December. At least.

I think the game has it so that once you have a certain amount of amiibo-scanned villagers in your town, everyone starts asking to move. At least, none of the amiibo-scanned villagers in Canaan asked to move until I ordered amiibo cards and made my villagers original again.

It takes forever, I'm not gonna lie. I've had this town since mid-November last year, so my Amiibo villagers have been there since... December. At least.

I've had my amiibo villagers since December-ish as well, and I want Wolfgang to move out! How many total amiibo characters did you have living in your town when he pinged you?

I think the game has it so that once you have a certain amount of amiibo-scanned villagers in your town, everyone starts asking to move. At least, none of the amiibo-scanned villagers in Canaan asked to move until I ordered amiibo cards and made my villagers original again.

Yeah,that could be the case.I purposely filled my cycling town with scanned Amiibo villagers and once I had eight of them,scanned-in Clyde pinged to move.He had been in the town for less than two weeks and I wasn't doing a lot of TTing at the time:

ODf3eU8.jpg

I have an important question. Are all villagers in your town amiibo villagers?

Last edited:
I have an important question. Are all villagers in your town amiibo villagers?

No. I have a mixture of scanned and natural villagers. Epona was the first Amiibo to ping. I had a system down, thinking that only Agnes, Shep or Vivian (who I picked up from a cycling thread) would ever try to move.

Just yesterday, I started a new town and populated it with 10 wolves. When I started it this morning, Skye mentioned that Kyle was planning to leave. Wow! That was quick, if true. It was too early for any shops and most varmints so I did my grocery shopping (irl) to let the ville wake up. Sure enough, Kyle pinged me at Re-Tail to move on the 24th. Of course I said NO!. All 10 of the wolves came via 8 Amiibo cards, one Wa card (Vivian), and Wolf Link via Link figurine. So, yes, it looks like anyone can ping to leave now. What I found surprising is that the town had only been in existence less than 20 hours. Those varmints are crafty and bear watching. P.S. Main street sure has a lot of visitors that were once living here, however briefly.:mad:

Last edited:
No. I have a mixture of scanned and natural villagers. Epona was the first Amiibo to ping. I had a system down, thinking that only Agnes, Shep or Vivian (who I picked up from a cycling thread) would ever try to move.

Then that's great to hear. I read somewhere that amiibo villagers would only ping to move if you just have amiibo villagers, but apparently that's not the case. I'm glad to know they still can move out naturally, even if the chances are slim.

So you don't TT... That could be a good reason why Epona ask to leave. The theory said that if you don't TT, Amiibo Villagers going to ask to move out.

There was a long thread about this a little while ago, and I'm not sure we reached a definitive conclusion on it, except that amiibo villagers (whether they be from amiibo cards or from figures) CAN ask to move, but it takes a hella long time. None of my amiibo villagers have asked me to move yet, although Phoebe (who I picked up from a cycling town) has. But I don't count her because I think the main question is whether or not amiibo you scanned in YOURSELF ask to move.

Cool I have a few random move ins since I've ignored my town and only they have pinged. Good to know amiibos can. Also see ya later, Harry. Good riddance.

Back