• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite Super Mario Sunshine level

Best Sunshine Level

• Bianco Hills

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Ricco Harbor

• Gelato Beach

• Pinna Park

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Sirena Beach

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Noki Bay

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Pianta Village

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Delfino Plaza

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Apple 🍎
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
As I'm currently replaying Super Mario Sunshine (which will be my last time playing it before Odyssey comes out), I have a question to those who played Super Mario Sunshine. What's your favorite level in the game? Why is it your favorite?

Although I would be tempted to put Sirena Beach up there because of puzzles and the level's sub-plot, I give the prize to Noki Bay for having the best soundtrack and more opportunities to use acrobatic skills. Plus, I believe it's the largest level out of all levels in both SM64 and SMS.

Oh, definitely Shifting Sand Land!....

...oh wait, this is a Sunshine poll? Shucks.

Bianco Hills forever. It just feels so cozy, like a place I could actually live. My favorite part of the game is the rollercoaster in Pinna Park though.

I love Sirena Beach. It is so fun to run through all of the secret passages in the hotel. (and the girl's bathroom lol) I also like fighting the giant ray and somehow getting shocked on the tiniest speck of electro goop.

I love Sirena Beach. It is so fun to run through all of the secret passages in the hotel. (and the girl's bathroom lol) I also like fighting the giant ray and somehow getting shocked on the tiniest speck of electro goop.

If I can remember clearly, the girls' bathroom has one of the eight red coins in it, forcing you to go there.

And let's not forget that tricky mission where the fruit bar didn't even serve pineapples as Yoshi always asks for pineapples.

I like how the Pianta in the bathroom goes from freaking out that you are in there to like "oh it's just you again" in later missions. I try to talk to every character each mission because they usually change what they are saying and sometimes it is funny.

Sirena Beach...mainly because I enjoyed navigating the hotel, which was essentially the classic "haunted house" level.

Sirena Beach is beautiful. Unarguably my Favorite Sunshine Level.

The first mission done there though, pls no.

Last edited:
I chose Noki Bay for the soundtrack as well. The music always makes me enjoy the shines there, even though none of them particularly stand out as Fun (in fact most of them are kind of annoying; the teeth cleaning, the 8 red coins, poison water, etc.). Kind of wish I chose Pianta Village, my second favourite, after seeing it has no votes. Not sure why, just always got a good vibe from it, and I thought the shines were creative.

I chose Delfino Plaza.
I just loved the colorful atmosphere and the buildings, plus you can't just help swaying to the jam of the background musif!
I used to explore Delfino Plaza all the time, just in case there were any secrets before I went onto another level.
Sirena Beach is also my second-favorite level.
I just loved looking at the beach and the hotel.
But please not the first level, it creeps me out ;l

I loved Delfino Plaza, it has one of the best tracks (Song kind, not race kind) in the franchise, and its the best hub world in the franchise (At least before Odyssey comes out). Comet Observatory or Faceship didn't even try to top Delfino Plaza. Checkmate, Galaxy atheists (I'm an actual atheist btw).

Last edited:
Back