• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay well first of all what is "normal"

There are many different personality types. Just because you don't like talking to others doesn't mean something is "wrong" with you

When you get to the stage of being unable to 'deal' with your life responsibilities then it's time to talk to a therapist. Much different than a doctor and a lot of insurances cover at least a handful of free sessions. Give it a try.

I struggled a lot with depression and anxiety and kept getting more and more wrapped up in my own head. Therapy helped me get back out and back to myself.

Okay well first of all what is "normal"

There are many different personality types. Just because you don't like talking to others doesn't mean something is "wrong" with you

She(?) said she had issues in school relating to talking and working with others.

While that isn't an abnormality, it could be related to some kind of social anxiety.

She(?) said she had issues in school relating to talking and working with others.

While that isn't an abnormality, it could be related to some kind of social anxiety.

I don't know why you quoted me and said basically what I said

Having a mental health problem doesn't make anyone abnormal, there's no such thing as a normal person.
School can be tough and kids can be cruel, but it's very possible your issues will disappear once you're in a more mature setting.
Just go to your school counselor if you need someone to talk to, they can suggest a therapist if they feel there's a need for it.
But please don't hide yourself away and avoid living your life, that makes everything ten times worse.

I've had professionals brush me aside a lot, I've been told so many times that i'm fine and there' she nothing wrong with me, which is bull bc I know I have anxiety, depression, and an ED. So just because a professional has told you you're fine, doesn't mean that you are, if you feel something is wrong then go with your gut. you should try see a different professional if you want, and press the issue with your mum

I don't know why you quoted me and said basically what I said

Well, you made it sound like not being social was just a personality thing, and didn't mention her problems in school.

I mean, it could be, but if there's potential there for her to get some help, I think it'd be a good idea to explore all the possibilities.

Everyone has their problems and challenges. For the most part, the things you struggle with are things you can improve upon with some effort and venturing outside your comfort zone. If you have a hard time talking to people, then you should do just that. Doing the things that make you uncomfortable, anxious, worried, etc. or repeating tasks that you have a hard time doing well will make them easier for you.

I had really severe social anxiety in elementary/ middle school (didn't socialize a lot as a kid so I had a hard time making friends). It toned down in high school, but if I did anything that I considered embarrassing (tripping over myself because I'm uncoordinated, dropping things aka things that no one but me cared about) I absolutely freaked out on the inside. It wasn't until I got tired of being a nervous wreck all the time that I forced myself to socialize, make friends, go to parties, go shopping with people, etc. which led to me getting over my social anxiety entirely. I can honestly say that I don't have a hard time talking to people anymore. In fact, I have a job that requires me to talk to people for most of the day.

Keep doing the things you struggle with and you will improve.

I'm a chicken so I don't think forcefully speaking will help :p but thanks for advice

You can't just give up on getting better at things, though, and assume that you're incapable because something is wrong with you. You have it in you to do better and be better; all it takes is effort. I hope you'll try it, even if it isn't easy at first.

I always feel like something is wrong with me, mostly because there is.

It seems like you probably have some sort of social anxiety i'm sorry to hear you're going through some troubling times. There are always options.

i mean i think i might have insomnia if i have to take melatonin just to fall asleep or else i potentially stay up until like 3 pm which used to happen almost every day. why must my sleep be ****ed

I feel like there's something wrong with me, by not posting here, and not having real life friends and not doing exercise.

There's others, but I can't remember them now.

Well I do have autism, depression, anxiety, and other things about me I'm really not proud of. Depression and anxiety sucks. Autism also sucks in certain ways.

But is there something wrong with me? Maybe some people would say yes. But I like to think no. There's no "right" or "wrong" way to be when it comes to this.

I do know how you feel though! I wonder this all the time personally, if something truly is wrong with me. Being different can be hard, but you just have to embrace it and embrace yourself.

Good luck!

Last edited:
When i was younger, i would feel that it was wrong to be non-religious. I would get bullied, and it literally made me feel like I had to go to church to be liked.

obv i don't care now, but it always bothered me when i was younger

Haha most people nowadays aren't even religious (or religious people make themselves non-religious). Glad you're fine now :)
I live in a very Mormon community in Utah where all but two of us are Mormon so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back