Should I buy hhd instead of a second copy?

Should I buy hhd instead of a second copy?

• Yes

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

Pansear-and-Nana

✣✾Stupid Monkey✾✣
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Red Rose
So when I realized that you can get all of the villagers in one with hhd I was like- woah.
Instead of having another ten, why not hundreds? I would love to see how would Pinwheel appeal expand with this spinoff game.
And I don't think I have the responsibility of watching over two towns when in fact am an artist and student at work.
However, i do have the tendency to change my mind every now and then, so I'm going to need an opinionated poll help once again for the last time I hope. Sorry if I'm very undecisive.
Should I buy happy home designer instead of a second copy of acnl?
If yes, what are the important things I should know before buying hhd?

If you just want a game where you can design facilities (like a hospital, school, shops, etc) and villager houses, then Happy Home Designer would be good - it's literally just getting to design their houses and the facilities on their version of Main Street, you can't have proper conversations with them like in New Leaf and if you talk to them in their houses, it basically just gives you the option to redesign their house. It's definitely fun, but if you want another town where you can have proper conversations with villagers, build up your town and all the fun Animal Crossing stuff, I'd get another copy of New Leaf.
Also, with Happy Home Designer, there's no consequences if you don't play for a while - people won't move out or anything like they do in New Leaf, as it's not the same as you being mayor and running a town of 9 or 10 villagers - you don't even have a house/live in any town in HHD, you literally see the plots you choose for people's homes and main street. It's a good game to play if you want to spend half an hour or so designing your dream home for villagers though!
So it depends on what kind of thing you're looking for!

It depends on what you're looking for.

Unlike a regular game of Animal Crossing, HHD is strictly a design based game. There is no fishing, bug catching, and very minimal villager interaction. All of the characters have shallow dialogue, and there is no way to befriend any of them. The game also doesn't run on a real life schedule like a normal Animal Crossing game does. When you start up the game, you look for a client on the main street, build their house, save and repeat. That's really it. There is also no town to run around and explore.

If you really enjoy designing houses and facilties, then you would probably enjoy HHD. If you look to Animal Crossing for the full experience of town designing, activites, and befriending villagers then you'd be better off getting another copy of New Leaf. I personally enjoyed HHD, but in the long run New Leaf is more entertaining in my opinion.

Well There is not much you can do in HHD. It wont be very interesting and for me it got tiresome very fast. However you say you dont think you'll be able to look after a second town so I think you should go with HHD.

HHD was not for me so I'd take another copy over it...but you're not me so I can't really answer for you.

Thanks guys, I've decided. Im a fan of interior designing and even though my conversations of my villagers will be bunked in hhd i still be able to make them lively in my drawn version. This game will serve as reference and time to spend while im not being the responsible mayor. Plus i can have all of my dreamies in one game now and able to design most things about the villagers I like.

Question: Will I be able to kick out villagers by force?

Kick out villagers by force in happy home designer? You can't kick villagers out, it's not a town setting like acnl. They arent neighbors or anything they all live in their own little space that you can visit. You will also need amiibos if you want to have villagers visit other villager's houses. For example if you want shari to visit chief's house you will need shari's amiibo.

20106467_1851418875186392_5843269438076502856_n.jpg

I aint got no amiibos *crying*
Oh well I have to get used to that.

It's better to get the second copy. I have a second copy as well as hhd, and honestly I play the second copy more . Hhd is just designing houses no villager interaction at all, no badges, no goals.

Why not both? I bought my second copy and HHD at the same day, no regrets~
I played HDD very few times, though. It's repetitive and a bit boring, to tell the truth. Why don't you watch some youtube videos of HHD to help you understand the game better? There's no city, no mayor, no PWPs to build...

Maybe getting HHD first would help because it's kind of a breath of fresh air from the responsibilities of ACNL. For example, you may not be able to have friendships with any of the HHD characters... then again you have no need to worry that they'll ever "move out"! You can always revisit them at any point and there's so many villagers you can experience! Honestly I treat my HHD game as an extension of my ACNL game. When I'm bored i like to visit the houses I designed and hang out as if i'm visiting another part of Main Street lols. I built a house for my favourite character Dizzy (because he's no longer in my town) and made myself a room in his house and I pretend I'm his room mate lmao. But that's just how I keep myself entertained because there's not much to HHD other than designing. Also, you may even be inspired to build a second town after seeing villagers in HHD :)

You can get every villager in game without the amiibo cards. You only really NEED the cards if you wanna decorate NPC houses. So don't worry about not having the cards.

I think that you should start by watching YouTube videos of HHD like another poster above mentioned. If it still appeals to you, I would get that one. I have a copy of HHD and I really enjoy it, though I don't play it nearly as often as ACNL. It is a totally different game, though.

I was facing the same decision last week and bought hhd. I think hhd was a good choice because It's super fun, and nice to jump bacm and forth so neither game starts to feel boring to me. They're both pretty cheap though!

Back