• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Cycling through every villager?

superkell

wubba lubba dub dub
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Is there anyone out there who's cycled through every villager/is trying to do so just for the heck of it? I feel like that's definitely a goal that could be fun once you've kind of "won" the game or "finished" your town. Idk

I feel like in the same way you wanna collect all the fish/insects/fossils for your museum, you might want to collect all the villagers!

I'm just curious if it's ever been attempted or if anyone's considered it

That's kind of my play style. I like to see all kind of villagers available, granted I'll keep a couple that I do like forever. I also try to get all of their pictures but I know I skipped 2 because I didn't enjoy them too much.

I've done it on Wild World but that was a little difficulter tbh, I think its def doable and maybe even a challenge to get them to all move in right or maybe to be able to temporarily theme the area around the house to their colour scheme until they move!

i haven't done it, I have all the amiibo cards and to me that feels like ive cycled through every villager in my head so I never have actually attempted to do it.

I once had in my old Cycling town the goal of getting Chrissy. I kept track and went through over 300 villagers before I got repeat villagers.

Over 300. Chrissy never showed up.

It was also this town before the update that had villagers that would not leave because it was near their birthday.

I gave up on the quest for Chrissy and found her in a different town.
But I definitely feel confident that I have completed that quest!

I always start new games with this mentality.. like oh I'm not going to get attached and just let them come and go and plop their house wherever.. but then a cute ass squirrel moves in with a lighting bolt on his head and another mouse moved in who looks like he has a 5oclock shadow.. I mean how am I supposed to let them go now?! I think I'm also too invested in landscaping that I'd go crazy if villagers ruined my town from coming and going often. I try to get everyones pictures before they leave though.

I should have kept track of all the villagers who have come and gone in my grandsons town, LOL. He plays so seldom that there is at least one gone or coming in every time he starts his game. He is definitely not attached to any of them. He rarely talks to them even when he does play (he is just now learning to read well). Now I'm curious to know how many he has gone through!

I'm not sure if I want to cycle or just keep everyone. I kinda like the idea of keeping the first nine random villagers you get, but I was thinking of cycling to try and get all of the pictures.

I couldn't imagine trying to cycle through 600+ villagers...plus if I came across one of my favorites I wouldn't be able to bear letting them go.

I don't exactly do it on purpose, but I'm not making an effort to keep anyone, so kinda! Once I get Stitches, I'll definitely keep him, but I hardly care for anyone else haha

Back