• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you have villagers you don't like, but loved by everyone else?

Pansear-and-Nana

✣✾Stupid Monkey✾✣
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Rose
Warning: Reader discretion is advised. If you see your favorite acnl villager here, do NOT change your mind about the villager nor flame the user who mentioned them.

I don't like Bam. His color schemes seem off and I dont know why everyone likes him for nonpersonal reasons or for being a deer.
I dislike most of the mice villagers and I have to admit, I have a grudge against Fuschia and snooty cat villagers, but like them for some reasons.
I want to punch Bob and Genji in the face amd Static is just....eughuejgh.
I like Lucky but Lucky hates me in the game. I just want to hit him back for all this time.

Anyone got an undying hatred for tier 1 villagers?

I wouldn't call it hatred, but I have hype aversion to some of the villagers that I seem to see constantly in dream towns. Stitches is the #1 offender, followed by Marshal. I'd just prefer to see other villagers, that's all. I've never really cared for Lucky's design or Merengue's, either. Merengue is cute but all the rhinos are just too ungainly, their heads are enormous.

I lowkey don't like Marshall or Monique (Who some people seem to adore idk man) But idm villagers tbh, as long as they're not too snooty lol

I had Marshall in my campsite and I had to just stand there and stare at him. He's cute but I don't understand the fangirl screamo hysteria. I was real glad he appeared in my campsite than in my town. I think I'd be a bit upset.

Lolly is another. Her face is so..odd. It reminds me of this one face used a lot in manga and I don't know what it's called.
i4iwUgG.png

I can't tell if she's looking at you, or looking over there or just looking at your time of death.

Marshal because he is a smug and I find them creepy and gross. I know a lot of people like them but I dont allow any of them in my town for a long period of time. He is cute and would be perfect if he were a lazy but I can't get passed the weird things smugs say.

Diana, I think she ugly...

Marshal, despite I have him twice (he randomly moved into my spare town, hope he moved away) I really don't see nothing special about him.. he's the same as all of those of his personality. (Same with all of those 'popular' villagers)

Poppy, like-hate her as well, people treat her like she's better than (along with Mr. Overrated Marshal) the rest of the squirrels (especially personality!)...I have them both NOTHING SPECIAL! (Same goes to certain other villagers as well)

Merengue, Had her once just to see how special she was..I literally got bored of her in less than a week then kicked her out and I don't really like her design as well.

Last edited:
Although I have a couple of the 'popular villagers', I feel like some of them are overrated. Julian has been in my town since the start and yeah he's a unicorn but I don't really understand the hype. I like him because he's an original villager of my town and because of the relationship I have with him in game.

Don't get me started on marshal, he's ridiculously overrated. And I don't think Marina is that great either. Yes she belongs to a more unique species but she looks kinda weird.

I also had Merengue for a week or so before she left, she was quite boring and I don't like rhinos much anyway.

But most of all (just to finish off the rant) I hate Bob.

Last edited:
Everyone seems to like Peanut, but she was a big jerk back when she lived in my Wild World town, and I've disliked her ever since ^^; I even dubbed her "evil squirrel", lol...

Everyone seems to like Peanut, but she was a big jerk back when she lived in my Wild World town, and I've disliked her ever since ^^; I even dubbed her "evil squirrel", lol...

I had something against her on there too, but I called 'evil diva' lol

Lot of marshal hate here...i dont see why he's still tier 1. I like Marshal, but his popularity is getting out of hand.

I hate Ankha, nothing about her is appealing to me. Marshal I don't like even though I have him. Not fond of Fang, Lobo, Wolfgang, etc.

Well I got fang in my town, but i find him really interesting by his actions! He loves hanging out with my female villagers, exchange shirts with them, and share catchphrases(which are usually memes). He also has feelings for Nana, in which I find that adorable.

I don't like Merengue.
I mean, her design is adorable, but I had her in my town and she was just...there
And Fauna never answered my letters .-.

I have marina and Erik in my town currently.. though I can see why people would like them, they are not to my taste. I don't really get the whole walking octopus on land thing to be honest. And Erik is just a deer...nothing fancy there.

I have Julian, Cookie and Fauna in my courrent town but I don't hate them. I just like other villagers more. I'm letting them go as soon as they ask to move. And about Marshal, I also dislike him, lol.

Last edited:
Ankha. I just don't get the attraction. I've had her in all my towns over the years and I'm always happy to see her leave.

Zucker. He's ugly as hell end of. I get he's 'unique' but come on that's a face only a mother could love

Last edited:
I wasn't too crazy about Julian. My daughter likes him, so she adopted him from my town. I also didn't care much for Marina. Her nose bothered me. She went to the void. I like Marshal, but I gave him away three different times because I knew other people liked him way more than me, so I decided that someone else should have him. Lol.

Back