• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's the dumbest thing your villager has ever done?

superkell

wubba lubba dub dub
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Gruff just asked to buy my gelato shirt whilst wearing his gelato shirt....

And yesterday, (classic) Fang asked me to deliver a package to Shep who was LITERALLY right next to us, as in doing that weird "video game walk" thing where they're just walking/bumping into you.

There are def other instances that just aren't coming to mind at the moment.

What's the stupidest thing your villager has ever done?

Omg, my villagers ask for me to deliver a package to another villager who is right beside us all the time.

Zucker asked me today for some fruit when he was about 1 space away from multiple fruit trees. This happens a lot too.

I was walking from the town hall to the spot where I wanted to build a new streetlight and Puddles was in Isabelle's way. Isabelle just kept trying to move forward and Puddles wasn't moving naturally at all, just slowly being pushed backwards while standing still for a few seconds.

Aaaand it seems as though Walker has done something dumb here! At least, according to Gayle :) I don't totally remember what was going on, other than the fact that it was about some food that Gayle was cooking.
l3Folm0.jpg

Omg, my villagers ask for me to deliver a package to another villager who is right beside us all the time.

Zucker asked me today for some fruit when he was about 1 space away from multiple fruit trees. This happens a lot too.

I was walking from the town hall to the spot where I wanted to build a new streetlight and Puddles was in Isabelle's way. Isabelle just kept trying to move forward and Puddles wasn't moving naturally at all, just slowly being pushed backwards while standing still for a few seconds.

Aaaand it seems as though Walker has done something dumb here! At least, according to Gayle :) I don't totally remember what was going on, other than the fact that it was about some food that Gayle was cooking.
l3Folm0.jpg

Omg villagers always want fruit that is literally growing from a tree two feet from them!

And I love Gayle she is such a sass queen������

Today Colton wanted me to deliver a shirt to Monique, so I did and then she pinged me to sell it back to me!!
After that not only did Colton ask about if he could buy it off of me but Monique was also wearing the shirt, idk how that happened lol but it seems to happen a lot to me!

Today Colton wanted me to deliver a shirt to Monique, so I did and then she pinged me to sell it back to me!!
After that not only did Colton ask about if he could buy it off of me but Monique was also wearing the shirt, idk how that happened lol but it seems to happen a lot to me!

Sisterhood of the travelling shirt

Genji is constantly giving me his furniture and then complaining about not having enough

On the day that Piper had just moved in, Kabuki asked me to deliver something he had borrowed from her ages ago. I'd like to think that maybe they had known eachother in another town. *Trying to give reasoning to dumb requests...)

I remember walking in on a conversation where Annalisa was asking Pudge what kind of books he likes and he's like "I prefer eating" (classic) but then she replied, "What about those specialty food books?" and Pudge legit freaked out, yelling "FOOD books? How do they taste?" and then she was 100% done, saying stuff like "They're ABOUT food, you don't EAT them." Lol Pudge is so slow sometimes but I still love him.

Last edited:
I was once (in the middle of) playing hide n seek with a few of my villagers and Sally pings at me and asked can she visit my house right now.. while the little game was still going.

41d97cca-677c-409a-b8ee-e4372b1af365.jpg

(Note: Caroline was one of the villagers hiding..and still was)

Last edited:

Omg this is so funny! I've had villagers ping to sell me the item i just delivered but this is insane!

jEhdrBc.jpg

SGoyxeB.jpg
Hugh was willing to hand over his entire life savings for a shirt he was already wearing.

o7Aaqoe - Imgur.jpg
Looks familiar,eh?

I've had villagers ask for a certain fruit when we were standing next to that exact fruit tree. I've also had a villager gossip about another when they were standing right there next to us

I always find it really funny when villagers (especially lazy villagers) ask you to visit their homes at that moment. The dialogue goes something like "I don't know how to get home from here"... most of the time they ask me this it's RIGHT in front of their house lol.

Another dumb thing a villager did today: Poppy asked me to fetch fruit and I accepted. Later I got a delivery errand from Buck to Poppy. She thanked me by giving me a pear. I gave that pear right back to her and she was super happy and surprised that I got her fruit so fast. Uh no ****?? XD

I once had a giant heart made of bushes in my town. I filled it with pink lilies when the bushes were saplings and then let it grow. It looked really pretty, but one day I was walking around when I noticed Merengue inside the bush heart! Keep in mind that it was closed all the way around and there was absolutely no way to get in. The game had somehow glitched and allowed her to get inside, but then she couldn't get out. Merengue was walking around in tight circles because she couldn't free herself. I laughed for about 10 minutes and took pictures because the situation was so ridiculous.

Back