• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Beginning Villagers You Kept

I was super stoked when I got Kabuki as one of my starter villagers!
I'm not really fond of my other starter villagers though (plus the fact that they moved in really, really awkward places), so I can't wait until they move out sometime!

I've kept Cookie and Filbert. I never once thought I'd let them go. Unfortunately Skye was in a bad spot so I let her leave :(

AHHHHH I have cookie as a starter!

Almost 2 years later and shes still here

But Cookie is the only one I have kept (I'm not sure if Peewee was my starter or not...)

of my first five (opal, boone, ruby, erik, and sally), i'm keeping ruby and erik! i wanted to keep sally too but alas she had bigger and better things to look forward to in her life than my little town :')

In Feldspar, I kept Walt, Willow, and Snake. Benjamin and Lionel weren't in my first 5, but they were in my first 9, and I kept them as well. I got really lucky with Feldspar in terms of enjoying a lot of my random move-ins.

i still have pate and i'm not planning on ever letting her move lol. other originals that i still have are julian, gaston, and drago :3 love all of them

My first five were Wart jr., Cranston, Annabelle, Gwen and Iggly.
I only liked Gwen and Iggly and I ended up moving out all of them. I got Gwen's pic though.

Aw! He's such a sweetie! He was one of my OGs I hope people will appreciate Wart Jr more!

Last edited:
In my first town (which I neglect) I still have Kitt. I share my birthday with her and I couldn't bear to see her leave. ;u; Aside from her I don't think I have any other villagers I've kept from the start. But I think that if we didn't share a birthday, I would've given her the boot.

My starters? Well...

Goldie (SO CUTE I am her BFF, still need her pic)

Rory (My sports rival who recently moved but gave me his picture)
Bubbles (Loved her at first but fell out of love for her. She moved yesterday, no pic)
Punchy (I thought he was ugly. I offered to trade him with someone but the person never replied on his moving day and he got voided. ��)

Wart Jr (SUCH SWEET SUCH KIND! I never ever found him ugly, ever. He and I are great pals and he gave me his picture.)

Move ins after a few days:
Blaire
First almost starter to move, piloted in a lovely spot and I let her move when she pinged for the 2nd time. I still have her picture

Frita (Kinda cute, but I don't like fast food, likedher personality. She pinged to move today and I said yes)

Henry (The cutest and kindest froggie I have met thus far. So sweet and shy at times, he may have a crush on me? ☺ Has a pretty home exterior)

Ribbot (Eh, He is alright, want a new jock though maybe but I need to make a dreamiest list so bad!)

Last edited:
I think Snake is my only original villager at this point! :( I wanted to keep Vesta and Bob but I lost them due to time-traveling errors...never again!

For my old town, I kept Ruby, Alfonso and Goldie
For my new town, I plan on keeping Freya and probably Daisy and Sprinkle

I kept Nana and Yuka for a loooong time, I was trying to keep them for good b/c they were starters and I liked them but I eventually just got too bored of them.

I'm trying to stay with Nana and Purrl. But I know that eventually I'll trade them for other villagers because I don't like them so much...

I started with Monique, Lucky, Klaus, Coach, and i think I got Hazel a day or two later. I still have them and I have been playing since the game came out. I thought about replacing them at one point or another, but I am attached to them now.

I kept best girl Kiki for the longest time, but she started to regularly ping to leave so I let her go and bought her amiibo card.

Nobody.
I kept Bluebear for about 7 months, but her house was in a bad spot, so I scanned in Candi, and plot reset her to a great spot.

Last edited:
I started with Bella, Skye, Fang, Cranston and Whitney.

Bella, Skye and Fang moved. Cranston is moving on the 10th (finally) and Whitney is the one I'm keeping.

When I first started my town, I was kind of hoping I would get one of the villagers that I was familiar with from one of my old towns, and I was going to try and get the ones I liked more. I had Marina and Marcel who I was gonna let go, but they grew on me. Marina was in boxes before I decided to rescue her haha.

I still have Diana, Kyle and Pekoe. (it's the Second Pekoe though..)

Back