• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

please visit my Harry Potter Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Harry Potter fan, I'm totally going to be visiting your town the next chance I get! It seems you're getting good, positive feedback so I'd love to come vivist soon!

Review

I began my dream by waking up on the plaza as always and saw a bunch of items dropped on the ground just behind me. I was absolutely delighted to find it was clothing items to dress up as a magical school student, for both male and female and amazing little glowing wands included! It's very clever and nice of you to leave these items out for visitors to use to feel more immersed as they explore your dream town.

After that, I went to go visit Antonio since he lived nearby to the plaza, and enjoyed seeing that his catchphrase was not the initial "honk" but in fact "Gryffindor!". I think the house suits him. Diana similarly said the same thing when I went and spoke to her.

The whole autumn thing going on in the town is very nice, giving a very back-to-school-in-September feel. There are plenty of flowers and trees to give a natural and welcoming vibe to the town. (Although I understand why people say oranges are the worst fruit now - perfect ones really DO look weird.) I can't go in any of the facility building but seeing the Hogwarts flag as your town flag was amazing - it looks very well done, especially for trying to fit such a large amount of detail into such a small canvas. The Gryffindor uniform cut-out by the station was well-done too, as was the fact there's a sign telling us this station is, of course, none other that Platform 9 and 3/4!

The pumpkin patch down by Hagrid's house was simply adorable and wonderfully fitting, and the house itself looks like a lovely little shack to have him live in. Bushels of oranges inside the fence nearby also look like more pumpkins. I'm not sure if this effect was intended or if not, but either way, that's what came to my mind and it worked wonderfully, in my opinion. The Hagrid character looks wonderfully like him - it was clever to use the Mii Masks to actually give him a beard which would be difficult on a regular male character model. His clothes were also perfect, and I loved his quote of 'I shouldn't have said that'. The inside of his outside was perfect - absolutely perfect, from the tea pots to the stove and the cosy fireplace, those lanterns he takes into the Forbidden Forest - even a dog house with "Fang" and a dragon egg!

The second house I came across was Garrick's, or better known as Ollivander's, as told by the sign outside. The house was rather empty and I feel the main room could do with a bit more work, more specifically filling up some of the empty space, probably with more of the large bookshelves. The basement has the giant chess board which is wonderful and upstairs is Honeyduke's, which was lovely. Again, I feel Honeyduke's needs a few more items just to fill in some of the empty space, but other than that, it's very appealing. The wallpaper gives the illusion of endless sweets... I wish, haha. The Garrick character has grey messy hair and a welcoming face, old-style clothes and is all in all very well-designed.

The Harry character has fitting hair, clothes and glasses. It's s shame you can't easily add his signature scar. I'm not sure his quote suits him the best, but I also don't know what could work better instead, so there's that. His house is, as signposted, meant to be 4 Privet Drive, and the furniture inside shows that wonderfully, from the fireplace and comfy sofas and dining set downstairs to the tiny upstairs room, complete with a rather parrot-ish looking Hedwig (which can actually easily be looked past, causing no real issue.)

I saved Minerva's house for last, and why wouldn't I? Look at that grand castle, clearly none other than the Hogwarts castle itself. The outside looks stunning, but the inside is great too. The main room is the dining room, which includes the Sorting Hat and Dumbledore's speech stand. There's also the library, the greenhouse, Dumbledore's office, Moaning Myrtle's bathroom (with Hermione's potion set) and the Gryffindor Boy's dorm upstairs. I love the little details, like Ron and Harry's initials on their suitcases and a little Crookshanks by the fire. The Minerva character looks wonderful as well, her outfit is on point.

All in all, this town is well-thought out, carefully designed and detailed well. I'd definitely recommend it to any who is a Harry Potter fan or just wants some tips on a well-done themed town design. The way it immerses you is wonderful, and makes it easy to look past little 'off' details and appreciate the town for what it is meant to be. There's really not much I'd change, save for a few more items in Garrick's house. I'd be cool if you could get the rest of the villagers to shout out their house names as catchphrases too, but I understand this would take time and be difficult. Overall, I'd give Hogwarts a 10/10 rating. Congrats on makng such an awesome town. :)

I'm so glad you liked my Town , I'm trying to improve it at the moment so I'll let you know when I've updated it.

You really aren't allowed to bump more frequently than once every 4 hours. You've been told by two mods on this very thread. Not trying to be a jerk, but you do know the rules...

Ive been telling her the same but i guess she forgot.
Now this is getting me curious of her town. I hope i wont be disappointed.

Ive been telling her the same but i guess she forgot.
Now this is getting me curious of her town. I hope i wont be disappointed.

I visited yesterday. Hagrid's interior and four of the rooms (main hall, Dumbledore's office, the library, and the bathroom) are ripped off from an old, famous dream town called Owl Town. Like, down to the placement of the tiniest details. You can see it on YouTube here and here. Some items are missing, because I guess they haven't collected those yet. And the Gryffindor common room is from the old dream town of Culver (which you can see on YouTube here.)

Last edited:
Well you can't visit them Harry Potter Towns at dream suit anymore because they haven't updated so I'm doing everyone a favour really.

Well you can't visit them Harry Potter Towns at dream suit anymore because they haven't updated so I'm doing everyone a favour really.

The more Harry Potter towns the merrier, really. I think it's cool that you have a Harry Potter town, I really do. HP is wonderful. But look at it this way: if you had worked really hard--for months and months, most likely--creating something that was basically a work of art, and then someone came along and copied it [the rooms] almost exactly while not giving you any credit for your design...wouldn't you be upset? At least sad, if not angry? You wouldn't feel as if that person was doing you a favor, would you? :(

Last edited:
I don't know how to make it look different and some of the rooms I did make myself. And I made some of the designs.

I visited your town a week or so ago and made a blog post about it and how fun it was! I haven't been back since you updated but I definitely will! :)

I love towns based on books/movies, I think it's always great to see another and you did a great job. I think my only critique is maybe having some more structured greenery, like a flower garden, would make the town pop a bit more. I'm a big fan and encourage you to keep going with your Hogwarts town!

Come on dude, at least put some credit. Even though youre making the renaissance of harry potter towns, that does not mean youre allowed to copy other people's ideas. There are BILLIONS or maybe infinite ways on designing a room in acnl, but the rooms that Athelwyn has mentioned are very specific and very similar to other towns' that are old and famous. You obviously didnt make the room yourself.

Come on dude, at least put some credit. Even though youre making the renaissance of harry potter towns, that does not mean youre allowed to copy other people's ideas. There are BILLIONS or maybe infinite ways on designing a room in acnl, but the rooms that Athelwyn has mentioned are very specific and very similar to other towns' that are old and famous. You obviously didnt make the room yourself.

I'm not that good at designing rooms but I did design the Ollivanders wand shop room , the chess board room , the greenhouse class and Honey dukes sweet shop room. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back