Do you guys have many irl friends that play?

i know two girls a little younger than me and my nephew - seems like i'm the only 21 year old where i live playing.... ;'(

My brother will sometimes play AC and I know a couple of friends who have the game, but none of them are very active. I mostly play with people from the forum.

I only have 1 good friend, but she doesn't play Animal Crossing, she isn't really into Nintendo games at all (except for Splatoon).

I used to! Two of my exs and a mutual friend played, though I no longer speak to any of them. A friend I went to high school with used to play, but she hasn't in years now. But my cousin just got the game! We play together sometimes, but my internet is sort of spotty, so it isn't too frequent. She's coming to stay with me next week, so I'm hoping we can trade some stuff then~

Yes, most people I know who like videogames play Animal Crossing. It has broad appeal across all ages and demographics in my experience.

I know 2 people, with one being my brother and one friend who both convinced me to get Animal Crossing.
Neither of them take the game as seriously as what I do or people on here, so it's hard to get a good conversation about AC going. Neither are active either because my brother doesn't play as much anymore and my friend is busy with college (although so am I). Although I know 2 friends who are thinking of getting a 2DS or 3DS, so I'm hoping to convince them into getting Animal Crossing lol

I know what you mean! I feel like I'm the only one I know who takes Animal Crossing this seriously lol. I definitely go on hiatuses and whatnot but whenever I come back I'm always all in

- - - Post Merge - - -

i know two girls a little younger than me and my nephew - seems like i'm the only 21 year old where i live playing.... ;'(

Dude I'm 21 too! I'm the only person I know my age who plays. I legit just want friends I can play with and trade with and vibe with. Like we can go out, get a drink, maybe get our buzz on, then come home and play AC!

- - - Post Merge - - -

My brother will sometimes play AC and I know a couple of friends who have the game, but none of them are very active. I mostly play with people from the forum.

I feel like the people here are definitely super active/passionate about the game, and it'd be really hard to find people irl that are just as passionate. I really wanna like organize some sort of meetup or event/convention Animal Crossing specific...idk maybe that's a dumb idea but that sounds fun to me!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I used to! Two of my exs and a mutual friend played, though I no longer speak to any of them. A friend I went to high school with used to play, but she hasn't in years now. But my cousin just got the game! We play together sometimes, but my internet is sort of spotty, so it isn't too frequent. She's coming to stay with me next week, so I'm hoping we can trade some stuff then~

I used to play with my ex all the time! It was effin awesome! I loved it! I honestly miss playing with him so much. It was so great to have something we shared a common interest in.

- - - Post Merge - - -

No. Everyone played Wild World when I was a kid, but now everyone grew out of playing with the DS.

LITERALLY SAME

I used to but not anymore, trying to get more irl friends into the game but kind of hesitant to since last time I did that I kind of lost them to the online community, but I'm sure it'll work out this time!!~

I have one IRL friend who I play the game with online a lot. We also play a ton of other games together. Sometimes we have another mutual IRL friend of ours join us, but she's just getting back into ACNL so she doesn't play as much.

You don't really need a ton of IRL friends to play; sometimes just one or two really good, close friends are enough. :)

My cousins and siblings played Wild World and it was super fun back in the day! Now none of them play anymore and haven't bought New Leaf so I'm all alone. XP I'm so used to playing video games alone now so it isn't so bad. I'd still prefer to play with others but hey, what can you do.

My friend has a copy of the game but she barely uses it :'D I just play with my online friends! Go to club tortimer OR come use this app called Vent! There's a neat AC group on there and they're so nice

None of my friends play ...when I had wild world though I did have a friend who used to come over and play with me though...it was super fun!

None of my friends play ...when I had wild world though I did have a friend who used to come over and play with me though...it was super fun!

I used to play Wld World with my friend too! I was totally awesome ^-^
Sometimes I definitely miss it

none of my friends in real life play animal crossing! it's kind of sad but also it's kind of good because i feel less pressure to make my town less for me and a little more for them (not that my friends would ever force me to make my town a certain way, but i feel like i'd be subconsciously pressured to make certain decisions because of embarrassment or because i think they'd like it more idk... you know what i mean?)

of course, it also gets lonely because i can't play with anyone side by side in real life, but at least i can play with people on this forum! i made this account two days after i started my first ever town, but i didn't use tbtf until early june! it's a lot of fun- i can get decorating done a lot easier, and i can get really cool items and hybrids from people. hanging out with people i haven't met is also fun :)

I know 4 people irl who have played acnl at least at one point. One I don't really keep in touch with anymore, but we've been in each other's towns a few times. One of my closest friends used to play a lot more, but she hasn't touched it in a while, and the other friend, I'm not sure about his playing habits. We had a session where the latter two friends and I just fooled around a bit in my town though and it was pretty fun! We should prob try going to the island together sometime. My cousin also played, but I don't think she's really into it. Other than my cousin, we're all in our early 20s haha.

Oh, I also forgot to mention, the two friends I keep in touch with are from high school. We met before I even got into video games, so I guess all three of us tapped into our nerdiness after graduating lol. The one I don't keep in touch with I met in one of my university classes. She sat next to me and had her DS out before class once, and I decided to ask her what she was playing! I found out she played and was into completing her catalogue, and I even helped her with some items once. She moved away though and we haven't talked much since.

Last edited:
Back