• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What should I do with my second game copy?

superkell

wubba lubba dub dub
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Help! I can't decide what to do with my second game copy!

At first I was going to use it to create a second ideal town that was more thought out/planned than my original one. Better theme, better lay out, etc. Then I was thinking I'd make it a cycling town since I've recently been working really hard on my original town. What do you guys think I should do?

Do you have the time and will to dedicate to a second town? Or do you want to focus on your main town and use the second one to gather itens and villagers to the first?
I, personally, have two "main towns", with very different themes and villagers, and it's fun :)

You could always make it that it's a cycling town and one with your own theme/design, for example you could make it centred around one theme but you'd just get "random" villager placement and work with that, that way then you'd probably never get tired of the lay out/theme?

Or if that was too chaotic you could always place down patterns and let them cycle into special spots, have it themed and work on it daily but use it mainly as a cycling town?
Either way have fun <3

cycling towns are pretty fun aha, i had one a while back and i loved it

Do you have the time and will to dedicate to a second town? Or do you want to focus on your main town and use the second one to gather itens and villagers to the first?
I, personally, have two "main towns", with very different themes and villagers, and it's fun :)

I have so many dreamies that I want to dedicate myself to both towns, ya know? I'm just not sure I have the time. I've had the second copy for a while and here I still am!

It's good to know that you really enjoy having 2 towns though. Did you really plan yours out?

I have so many dreamies that I want to dedicate myself to both towns, ya know? I'm just not sure I have the time. I've had the second copy for a while and here I still am!

It's good to know that you really enjoy having 2 towns though. Did you really plan yours out?

Yes, my second town is all planed out. I first picked a theme, then the villagers, chose a map that fitted everything, the whole package. Right now I'm still moving villagers until all the 10 right ones are there, and still need to unlock a lot of PWPs, but it's fun working towards a theme, gives you clear goals, you know? My first town doesn't really have a theme or dreamies, I just live each day, which is nice, but having the best of both worlds is better, right? x)

You could always make it that it's a cycling town and one with your own theme/design, for example you could make it centred around one theme but you'd just get "random" villager placement and work with that, that way then you'd probably never get tired of the lay out/theme?

Or if that was too chaotic you could always place down patterns and let them cycle into special spots, have it themed and work on it daily but use it mainly as a cycling town?
Either way have fun <3

That's def a good idea, I'll consider it!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes, my second town is all planed out. I first picked a theme, then the villagers, chose a map that fitted everything, the whole package. Right now I'm still moving villagers until all the 10 right ones are there, and still need to unlock a lot of PWPs, but it's fun working towards a theme, gives you clear goals, you know? My first town doesn't really have a theme or dreamies, I just live each day, which is nice, but having the best of both worlds is better, right? x)

That sounds awesome! I want to get better at planning out my paths and pwps, then house plots. I feel like my current town has gotten a lot better than it was, but still feels unplanned. I need to like plan it first on paper or something!

That sounds awesome! I want to get better at planning out my paths and pwps, then house plots. I feel like my current town has gotten a lot better than it was, but still feels unplanned. I need to like plan it first on paper or something!

It's a good idea! I believe that choosing a theme you're really excited about will give a great motivation~ looking at your villagers your first town must be a cute/pastel town, right? So why not choose something different, like a zen or modern one? I thought of a lot of themes back then, from Sailor Moon to Superheroes and ended up choosing chinese zodiac as my theme. x)

It's a good idea! I believe that choosing a theme you're really excited about will give a great motivation~ looking at your villagers your first town must be a cute/pastel town, right? So why not choose something different, like a zen or modern one? I thought of a lot of themes back then, from Sailor Moon to Superheroes and ended up choosing chinese zodiac as my theme. x)

Yeah! It's kind of a fairy town! Oooo in that case I think for my next one I might want to do like a woodsy type zen one maybe?
That's such good call!

Have two towns! I have two towns, one is almost complete, and my second one needs more work PWP wise. They both have different villagers, and I actually plan to get one more town lol.

Have two towns! I have two towns, one is almost complete, and my second one needs more work PWP wise. They both have different villagers, and I actually plan to get one more town lol.

So are you in the same boat in terms of you like having the option of being able to not be locked down into one theme and only 10 villagers? Bc I think that's where I'm leaning!

So are you in the same boat in terms of you like having the option of being able to not be locked down into one theme and only 10 villagers? Bc I think that's where I'm leaning!

Definitely. When I was doing my first town, I started feeling like "awww but I don't want to be done decorating this town..." and I actually went out and bought another copy of the game. I also wanted more villagers because I wanted to see some new faces, but wasn't ready to give up my old ones for them (that, and I was trying to get their pictures first).

It's gonna get to a time that I'm going to actually end up with four towns at this rate. I blame all the cool QR paths I've been seeing. I love placing paths down and landscaping.

Back