• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What villagers do you think will be gone in the new game?

macaire

It's me
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I'm assuming tier 6 would be attacked first. I don't think they want to deal with the wrath of the community if they go anywhere near tier 1 or 2.

EDIT: A lot of people are taking this the wrong way. I just mean if Nintendo gets rid of anyone. I'm just saying it's a lot of hard work to have all those villager models and I was wondering what others thought about it. I never claimed that I hate the tier 6 villagers. I have 3 tier 6 villagers in one of my towns and I love them.

Last edited:
I don't think they will remove any of the villagers. In fact, I can only see them adding more as well as bringing back some of the ones who didn't make it in the Welcome Amiibo update. It would be strange to take away villagers when they've been adding so many new ones lately. It would be a huge step backwards.

I think the only villager who won't return is Champ, depending on whether or not Porter is in the next game.

I don't think they will remove any of the villagers. In fact, I can only see them adding more as well as bringing back some of the ones who didn't make it in the Welcome Amiibo update. It would be strange to take away villagers when they've been adding so many new ones lately. It would be a huge step backwards.

I think the only villager who won't return is Champ, depending on whether or not Porter is in the next game.

Yeah that was my thought process at first. I was thinking about how many old ones they got rid of then I realized they might use amiibo to bring them all back and then more. I hope they don't get rid of any at all.

This!
Also, they'll surely bring new species (like they did on new leaf introducing deer and hamsters), which will mean lots of new villagers :)

I hope they have more unicorns. Julian was a big hit in this game and I hope they bring more.

i agree. i feel like at this point, they wont remove any villagers

I hope they won't remove any, tbh I think after adding amiibo to the game with the old characters included they won't!
I'm hoping for a few new species though and maybe some new npc species too //personally I'm all for a night event with a bat npc or something ;v;

Probably Hippeaux, I hardly ever see him, and I wanted him in my town since we share the same birthday :(

Most of the tier 6 villagers probs. I hope they add more monkeys though.

If the get rid of my boy Leo I'm gonna cri

I personally don't think they'll remove any villagers, being as how they just added 50 more old ones. I'm actually hoping that they bring back all of the villagers from every game!

I don't think they are going to remove someone, they might just add new villagers and re-add some of those missing villagers. Also they're not going to remove villagers you don't like.... you're not the whole fanbase and they're people who love those villagers you are mentioning.

Last edited:
I don't think they are going to remove someone, they might just add new villagers and re-add some of those missing villagers. Also they're not going to remove villagers you don't like....

I didn't mean they were going to remove them just because I don't like them... I meant IF they were to remove any villagers, I feel like it would be tier 6 because they are the least popular to everyone. Not just me.

I agree with them removing Tier 6 villagers, or just unpopular villagers in general. It's hard work making so many models, and I don't imagine that they'll keep EVERYONE. It would be awesome if they did though! :)

I wouldn't be happy if the bottom tier got removed.

Think they'll add some new ones, bring back the ones from older games and keep all the ACNL ones.

They aren't removing anyone. They only removed one villager from City Folk, Champ, who was pretty much only removed for looking exactly like Porter. And, the switch is a much bigger system than the 3DS, which will be able to handle more data, so there is no logical reason to remove any villagers.

Nintendo should/will revieve backlash if they remove any villager, not just if they are in Tier 1/2. I doubt Nintendo even pays attention to the popularity lists, which they shouldn't, as it is only meant for people trying to sell villagers.

However, just to play with the idea, I'll list some villagers that I think have reasons in why they could be removed. (Some if this will be just jokes.)

Sanrio Villagers- I really don't count these, but if you do, I think there is a pretty big chance they'll get removed.

Amiibo figure villagers- More of a chance they'll be in the next game then the Sanrio villagers, but also could have been one hit wonders.

Marshal- Too many fangirls to handle to put him in the next game.

Coco- A gyroid company sues them.

Last edited:
I really hope they won't remove anyone! Even some of the less popular villagers seem to have a soft spot in my heart... (Honestly the super ugly ones make me laugh, I really hope they don't get cut out... I need me my Jambette...)

Hopefully none of them!! As much as I want new villagers and as much as I dislike some of them I hate seeing when people miss out on their favorites just bc they weren't added to the current game.

Back