How to scan villager into your campsite

chanty

of calypso
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I am so so very confused !!!

Can you only scan in villagers using the Welcome Amiibo cards ? Or can you use normal acnl amiibos and normal amiibo cards ??

I now know that the welcome amiibo cards are discontinued but i hope there is still a way to scan in villagers into the campsite.

( Please excuse my ignorance :confused: )

Last edited:
Yes, you can use any Villager's card and scan them in. I've never done it before bevaus e I don't have a NFC reader, but I do know you have to find Wisp in your town and get the magic lamp first. You can scan any Animal Crossing Amiibo from there.

Hope I helped clarify ~

Yes, you can use any Villager's card and scan them in. I've never done it before bevaus e I don't have a NFC reader, but I do know you have to find Wisp in your town and get the magic lamp first. You can scan any Animal Crossing Amiibo from there.

Hope I helped clarify ~

thank you so much !!

They don't scan into your campsite.

I'm not sure how welcome amiibo ones work because I don't have any (but I'm pretty sure you have to talk to the dog in the campsite)

But for the regular amiibo cards you talk to wisp after finding and placing the lamp in your house and then he'll be able to help you out with scanning the cards and then he'll ask if you want the villager to move in

Last edited:
The only ones that will come to your campsite in RV's are the Welcome Amiibo card villagers or the amiibo figures that are made to go with the game. This includes the animal crossing amiibo figures, the villager figure from SSB, the Legend of Zelda amiibo figures, and the Splatoon amiibo figures. The series 1-4 amiibo cards can be scanned in and invited to live in your village, but they won't come to your campground in an RV.

Always coffee is right.
The series 1 through 4 cards only can move in!
WA cards have camper vans that drive to your campsite. Then from there you can buy stuff from them or ask them to move in. ^^
I wish they wouldn't have discontinued the WA cards...

Always coffee is right.
The series 1 through 4 cards only can move in!
WA cards have camper vans that drive to your campsite. Then from there you can buy stuff from them or ask them to move in. ^^
I wish they wouldn't have discontinued the WA cards...

Ah sorry to intrude, but your comment stuck out to me. Did they really discontinue the Welcome Amiibo cards? That seems silly. I only learned about the WA update a few days ago, but wasn't it only released on november or something? That just seems like an unwise decision...

Back